Chapter 8

It was the day of the dance and Asher, Alex, and I were all getting ready in my room. Alex had found a couple hair and makeup tutorials on YouTube that showed her how to do my makeup and hair in a 50's style.

"Damn, I look good...oh and you girls do to!" I chuckled at Asher's comment, as Alex finished applying my lipstick.

Dress:

Hair:

"Ok, I'm ready

"Ok, I'm ready. What about you guys?" I ended up choosing a matching pearl jewelry set complete with a pearl necklace, bracelet, and earrings.

"Yep, I'm ready."

"I don't think I'm ever ready."

"Ok, pretty boy, let's get down stairs." we started to walk out of my room when I realized that I forgot to grab my shoes from in my closet. "Hey, I need to get my shoes, you guys can meet me down there."

"Ok see ya down there." Alex and Asher went downstairs and I got my shoes out from the closet. My shoes were just simple, white pumps that I got at the same store I got my dress at.

I started walking down the stairs and I could hear everyone's voices. My parents, Alex, Asher, Matt, Liam, and Rowan. Once I got in the sight range of everyone, I got a chance to see everyone's reactions. My parents were taking pictures, Alex was admiring the work she had done on my face and do my hair, Asher was admiring the dress, Matt was smiling at Claire (a.k.a. his date), Liam was...looking at his phone, and Rowan kind of looked like he might of been checking me out. I had thought that it was weird that Rowan of all people, didn't bring a date. I don't think that he even asked anyone out.

I walked over to Liam when he finally looked up from his phone.

"Damn, you look hot!" I thought that his choice of words were kind of weird but, I tried to just brush it off. "I figured that we could take my car, just the two of us." At first his sentence seemed nice, I guess, but then I realized that while he was talking to me, his eyes were moving from my eyes, to the small amount of cleavage that was showing, like he couldn't decide which to look at.

"Um, yeah, ok, that works." After taking pictures and everything, Liam and I got into his car and headed to the school. I think that Asher and Alex drove in Asher's car, Matt and Claire went in Matt's car, and Rowan went by himself in his own car.

Rowan's POV

I got to the Ryan house about ten minutes before we planned to leave. I saw that Claire had already gotten there and was talking to Matt and his parents. I actually couldn't believe it when he told me that he had finally asked Claire out. A few minutes later, we heard a knock at the door. Matt opened it, and we saw that it was Liam. I rolled my eyes at the thought that he would be bring Harper to the dance. I don't know why but, I've felt off ever since Harper and I kissed at the party. I couldn't stop thinking about her, and how I wanted to...kiss her again?

Not long after Liam arrived, Alex and Asher came down stairs. I wondered where Harper was since I had thought that they were getting ready together.

"Ok people, Harper is going to come down in a little bit, and Just so you know, I did her makeup and hair, so....try not to be too impressed" Almost right after Alex said that, Harper came into my view. She looked absolutely stunning. I couldn't help but stare. She made eye contact with me, and I did that stupid basic thing where I look away and pretend that I wasn't staring. I looked over at Liam to see that he was on his damn phone. I wish he could just appreciate the fact that he gets to take such a beautiful girl to a dance.

She walked over to him and his eyes were wondering from her face to her breasts. Mr. and Mrs. Ryan wanted to take some pictures, which I didn't take much of since I didn't have a date. Normally for dances, there are a bunch of girls who would come up to me, aske me to the dance, and I just pick one of them to go to the dance to. A bunch of girls did ask me out through out the past couple weeks but, I didn't want to say yes to any of them.

For some reason, after the kiss, I only wanted to go with Harper. When she told Matt and I that she had already gotten a date, I just decided to go to the dance solo.