Chapter 10

Once we got to the diner, we picked out a booth and Rowan ordered us both ice cream sundaes.

"Hey, I know that you probably don't want to talk about it, but...Liam doesn't deserve you. That son of a bitch shouldn't have done that to you."

"Hey Rowan, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah Harp, of course." He started to look like he had some concern in his eyes.

"Why, are you doing this for me?"

"What do you mean?"

I mean, why did you take me from the dance? Why are you trying to help me?" I seriously couldn't understand why he was doing this for me.

"Because you didn't deserve that."

"You could've just told Matt, Alex, or Asher. You didn't have to help me." He started to look like he was getting annoyed by my comments, but I didn't care. I was genuinely confused and wanted some answers.

"Your right. I didn't have too but... I wanted to." He must have noticed the confusion that was plastered on my face because he started to roll his eyes and smile. "I know that it might shock you, but I actually care about you."

"What are you talking about? I'm just Matt's twin sister to you."

"Maybe I used to think that you were but..." He looked down at his ice cream and looked like he couldn't finish his sentence, or he couldn't find the right words. I really don't think that I've ever seen Rowan at a lost for words.

"But what?" I lowered my head to try and make our eyes meet but he just looked more down. finally after a few seconds of awkward silence Rowan lifted his head back up but still didn't make eye contact with me.

"I can't really explain it but, ever since the party when we kissed...I've seen you differently?" His sentence sounded like a statement, but his tone made it sound like a question.

"Different how?"

"Different as in I see you in a way that Matt would kill me if he knew I was telling you this." He finally made eye contact with me and looked anxious in way. "I think that maybe I've always felt this way about you but, I didn't realize it until a couple weeks ago." I can't believe that he feels this way about me!

"I-" He could probably tell that I was shocked but not in the way that I actually was because he started to get even more nervous.

"I know I shouldn't have told you this and you probably don't feel the same way but..." I was surprised at what I was seeing. I've known Rowan for almost my entire life and I've never seen him nervous like this.

"Rowan..." I lifted his chin to make him make eye contact with me. "...I- I kind of do feel the same but.."

"But what?"

"But.. we could never act on it. I mean, Matt would never approve of it." For the next few minutes, it was us kind of going back and forth talking about how we I guess have feelings for each other, but also me saying that Matt wouldn't approve over and over again. eventually we decided to leave the diner and the car ride was completely silent. Once he parked in front of my driveway, I just got out and walked into my house, not even looking back or saying goodbye.

Once I got up to my room, I just lied down on my bed, trying to fully understand what had happened in the past hour and a half.