Chapter 21

I decide to ask Asher to come over the next day. Since I still don't have a car, for the most part, Asher and Alex always come over to my house. They always say I have the best food anyway so... it works out for all of us I guess.

I mess around on my phone for a bit before I hear Asher's car pull up outside.

Asher ends up opens the door before I can even reach the handle. He comes over so often that he just lets himself in at this point.

"What is up my bitch?!" He gives me a big hug, and I swear he might break my ribs

"Ya know Asher, one of these days your language is gonna bite you in the ass."

"Says you." As he makes a b-line for the fridge to grab whatever, and I go to sit on one of the stools by the island. 

"Hey um, Asher I kinda asked you to come over so I could talk to you about something." He turns around and places some of the leftovers from last night on the counter. 

"Oh god, don't tell me Mystery Man got you pregnant." I widen my eyes at that. Rowan and I have really only talked about us actually having sex once or twice let alone if we maybe want kids in the future. I mean, we've only been going out a month, but we've also known each other our entire lives. If we ever do end up having children, I do know that Rowan would make a great father.

"No! Oh jeez no. But... funny you should mention... Mystery Man."

"Did he do something to you?! I swear if he did I will be-... I will get Alex to beat the ever living shit out of him." I can't help myself from laughing at his dramatic self.

"I mean... I was planning on telling you who he is.. but now I don't know if I want to." Immediately he drops the food from his hands and run over to me.

"Ooooooooo!! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! I definitely don't already know who it is." He says with the most sarcasm he can muster.

"It's- Wait. what do you mean you know who it is??"

"It's cute you think that you and Rowan are subtle."

"I- when did you figure it out."

"Well you just confirmed it so... thanks for that. But I started guessing it was Rowan pretty much as soon as you told me that Mystery Man existed. Then there was when the five of us were hanging out in your basement... well like I said, you're not subtle." Well um... I guess that was easy. Wait.

"Does Alex know too?" If she does know it won't be the end of the world, but I guess I just would like to know if she knows.

"I highly doubt it. She doesn't know there's a Mystery Man at all let alone that said man is Rowan. If she did she would be talking to you and me about it non-stop."

"Yeah, I guess your right. I'd probably be knee deep in her questions by now if she did know."

"Are you going to tell her? I mean I knew that Mystery Man existed and I had guessed that it was Rowan, but I still wanted to wait until you wanted to tell me. If she does know or has an inkling of it, she might be doing the same thing." He could be right. I'm sure I'm going to tell her eventually and if I being honest I want to tell her sooner rather than later. And if I'm being honest again... The only person that I really don't want to find out is, well, Matt. My entire life Matt has always made it clear that all of his friends are off-limits. Which has always been an easy rule to follow... until it wasn't.

"Ya know what..." I walk over to the living room and grab my phone from the couch.

*Ring* 

*Ring*

What's up my sista?

"Hey... do you wanna come over for a bit"

Yeah sure. Be there in 10