Chapter 23

I wake up to see Rowan still peacefully sleeping next to me. We had put our clothes back on and used our jackets as blankets, and somehow we had been warm through out the night. 

"Are you watching me sleep?" Ok, so maybe not as peacefully as I thought. I lay back down and close my eyes quickly.

"Noooooo..."

"Mhmm, sure." Even though it's not the first time we've woken up to each other, I still get amazed at how sexy his morning voice is. "I'm yours, you can stare if you want." My heart skips a beat at him saying the he's mine. I love it when he says stuff like that, and I know that he loves it when I say that I'm his. 

"Ok fine, maybe I was. But it's not like you're innocent in the staring department." Finally his eyes open and look straight into mine. 

"I never said I was." He leans in and places his lips on mine. I feel his hand slither around my waist, pulling me in closer. He slips his tongue ever so carefully into my mouth and starts his exploring. I put my hand on his chest on push him on to his back so I can straddle him. As my legs fall to either side of him, I feel his touch move from my waist, down to my thighs.

I move my lips from his and kiss my way down to his neck. A loud groan escapes his throat but neither of us care, I mean the only things that can hear us are whatever insects and squirrels live around here. 

Bing

A groan once again comes out of Rowan, this time from annoyance instead of pleasure. I look over my shoulder and see my phone lit up by a text.

"Shit. Shit shit shit." I say when I see what the text is and who it's from

"What's wrong" Hands back on my waist now, I look up and see a concerned look on his face.

"Matt's wondering where I am. Apparently mom's shift ended early and she wants to take us out for brunch. I didn't think that I was gonna stay with you over night, so I just told him that I was going over to Alex's to study." My eyes widen when I look back at my phone. "And now he's facetiming me."

"I-" Before Rowan can say another word, hop off of his lap and try to fix my hair. "Babe, you do realize that you can ignore it."

"I have my read receipts on, he already knows that I saw his text and that I'm on my phone." I lay my phone down on the ground so that the only thing Matt will be able to see is the sky. I hit the answer button and see Matt's face pop up on my screen.

Harp, where are you?

"Sorry studying went later than I thought and I ended up falling asleep."

Why the hell are you outside? It's like 8:00 in the morning.

"I uh... I woke up with a headache and wanted to get some air." I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but the longer that Rowan and I are in this secret relationship, the better I get at excuses.

Oh. Ok. Well um... try to get home sooner rather than later so we can get some food. I'm hungry as hell.

"When are you not? I'll leave in a little bit."

Fine. See ya.

Before I can say bye back to him, he hangs up...which to be honest I'm grateful for. I look over to Rowan and see him looking right back at me.

"I'm sorry. As much as I would love to continue what we were doing... We gotta go. Like now." He scoots over to me and lifts his hand so he can push the hair from my face. I lean into his touch as always before I snap back to reality.

We pack everything up and start heading to the car. It wasn't as long of a walk as it was last time since this time Rowan and I were pretty much jogging. Once we get to the car, Rowan books it for his house. And once we get to his house I give him a quick kiss good bye and hop into my own car. I take a look into the mirror and fix my face a bit and pull whatever leaves were in my hair out. 

I finally pull up to my drive way and walk into my house. I loved spending time with Rowan last night (especially after what we did) but it was nice to be in my own house again instead of the woods.

"Jeez what took you so long?" Matt says, coming down the stairs.

"Oh ya know, just lost track of time."