Chapter 9

Harper's POV

Once we got to the dance, we all met up in the parking lot, and walked into the school gym, where the dance was being held. There were different sections in the gym for each grade/decade. It was fun to see all the different outfits that everyone was wearing. We picked out a table for us to put our things and started for the dance floor.

About an hour had past and Liam had been acting kind of shady. I couldn't really explain how but, some things he did just seemed off. Suddenly I hear a slow song playing and I decide to get Liam so we can slow dance together.

"Hey Liam, do you want to slow dance with me?" He looked awkward, like he wasn't expecting that I would want to slow dance.

"Um...sure, yea." we go out onto the dance floor and start to slow dance. his hands are on my waist and mine are around his neck. About 1 minute into the song, I start to lean my head on his chest. As soon as my head made contact with his chest however, he suddenly shot up and gave me a weird look.

"Hey, um..." He hesitated and started to look around before he finished his sentence. "...I have to go to the bathroom."

"Oh, ok." He walked towards the bathroom, and I started to walk back to our table when I saw Alex standing over by the punch bowl getting a drink. I decided that instead of going to the table and just sitting there by myself, I would just hang out with my friends while I waited for Liam to be done with the bathroom.

"Hey Harp, where's Liam?"

"Oh, he went to go to the bathroom." I pointed over to where the bathrooms were and got a cup of punch. "Where did Asher go." She started to smile and giggle a lot once I asked that.

"Well... you know that one kid Oliver?"

"I think so, yea."

"As it turns out, he's gay, and has had a crush of Asher for a while, and when the slow song came on...he asked Asher to dance with him!"

"Really?! That's great!" Alex and I talked for a bit more when I realized, that fifteen minutes have passed. I looked around to see if maybe Liam went to talk to his friends. "Hey Alex, do you see Liam anywhere."

"No. I don't see him anywh-" Alex stopped in her place and just stared at some thing that was behind me. I turned around to see.....LIAM KISSING VERONICA! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Suddenly, they stopped kissing and looked right at me. They both gave me a vile grin. I ran straight pass them and into the actual bathroom.

I was standing by one of the sinks, looking into the mirror when.. Rowan walks in?

"Hey Harper....Harper?! Do you realize that your in the men's bathroom?" I looked at the sign on the door and realized my mistake.

"Oh, crap!" I run out of the bathroom and into the hallway making sure that I dodged Liam and/or Veronica. I sat down on the floor next to the vending machine, when I heard foot steps walking towards me. Thankfully, it was Rowan and Liam or Veronica.  

"Harp- why are you crying? Are you ok?" He put his hand ever so gently on my chin and wiped my tear away with the pad of his thumb. I told him what had happened.

"I can't believe that Liam would do that to you!" I couldn't even say anything else. I just sat there. "Hey um...do you wanna get out of here? We could go to that diner that's near your house."

"Um, sure." He walked back to our table to get my clutch knowing that I didn't want to go back into the gym in risk of seeing Liam or Veronica. Plus, I didn't want Matt to worry. Once Rowan got both of our things, we walked to his car, and started to drive towards the diner.