Chapter 19

I can hear my brothers' voice as I walk back down to the stairs leading to the basement.

"Bro, seriously, if it took you that long to take a shit at least get some freaking medicine or something." 

"I was in the kitchen for most of the time I was upstairs... I got hungry, sue me." My eyes widen at that one. "Hey dumbass, where'd you run off to." He says as I come into his line of vision. I walk back over to my spot on the couch and sit down next to him.

"Some how I got a headache just by looking at you so I decided to go to my room for a bit. And now I'm back... how much did ya miss me?"

"So much." His voice was sarcastic but I noticed his eyes seemed sincere.

At this point it was about half way through the movie and Asher seemed to be paying more attention to some hot guys Instagram and I think Alex might be in a food coma. 

Ding

I look towards where the sound came from and look over to see Matt pick up his and a huge smile appears on his face. 

"Hey Mattie, you got something you wanna share with the class?" His smile lessens a bit as he look over to me and then over to Rowan.

"So ummm... Claire might've just texted me to uh come over..." I pretend to gag over my shoulder just as Rowan chuckles under his breath. "I uh..."

"Hey man, I get it, go hang out with your girl." The smile once again gets bigger on Matt's face as he starts to walk over to the stairs.

"Oh!" Matt stops himself and turns around to look at Rowan "Um... I would say make yourself at home but we all know that you basically live here soooo... yeah just sleep in my room if you wanna stay over or..."

"Yeah, yeah go already."

"Wow if I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to get rid of me or something..."

Before Rowan can respond, Matt turns back and run up the stairs.

"Make sure to use protection!"

"Harper I swear I will kill you when I get home" He yells from the top of the stairs.

******

Asher, Alex, Rowen and I ended up just watching the rest of the movie on the couch and eventually Rowan said that he was going to just leave. I attempted to argue and then remembered what I said earlier in my bedroom, that if my friends are here I should probably hang out with said friends. I made sure that no one was looking and gave him a chaste kiss before he headed upstairs to leave.  

"Alright sweetie you gotta get up." Asher says trying to pull Alex up from the floor.

"Ughhhhh... whyyyyy?" I get up off the couch and try to help Asher.

"Alex, sweetie you can't just sleep on my basement floor."

"Watch me bitch."

Finally we got her off the floor however neither Asher nor I were willing to drag her upstairs. Usually when they come over we all just sleep in my room but needless to say that was not happening. 

We all ended up in the guest bedroom that had a king bed so we could all fit without it being too crowded. None of us even attempted to get some type of pajamas on and as soon as she hit the bed, Alex was out. Asher and I talked for a bit (which mostly consisted of him trying to figure out who my mystery man is) and eventually we decided that we were starting to get tired and soon after Asher was sound asleep.

For some reason I couldn't fall asleep and I start thinking about the conversation that Asher and I had had at the mall and the one we had just now. Even though I ended up telling Asher that there was mystery guy in the first place but I know deep down, that he would've eventually figured out that a guy was the reason I am acting differently. And, obviously I know that I can talk to Rowan about anything but there's just a difference between talking to your boyfriend and talking to your friend.