Chapter 15

It had been about and hour and a half of shopping at the mall when Asher and I decided to stop at the food court. 

"You've seemed oddly happy lately," Asher gives me that look that I feel like everyone has but no one can ever describe. But it means that he definitely knows that something is up.

"One, ouch, and two, I'm the same amount of happy I've always have been."

"Really? It just seems like your smile has been brighter these past few days" Suddenly our names are called over the intercom, thank God, and I get up to get our food. However, once I come back, Asher still has that look on his face. "Look, all I'm saying is that I have known you my whole life and the only time I see you this happy, is when you find an extra chicken nugget in your 10 pack from McDonalds. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something is going on with you."

 I love Asher and I know he wouldn't ever tell a secret I didn't want to be told but, its only been a week since Rowan and I started our secret relationship. I'm still getting used to being in a relationship in general let alone a secret one. But, I also know that he's not going to stop wondering what is going on, even if he can't know all the details.

"Ok, ok. There's this guy--"

"Ooooooo, does he have a hot brother?"

"No he doesn't, and before you start asking any more questions, this thing...it's fairly new, and I don't really want anyone to know anything just yet." Asher looks slightly disappointed but I know he won't ask any more questions.

"Ok, though I do really want to know more, I'll respect your wishes," he says the last bit in a British accent and I can't help but giggle. 

"Thank you, kind sir." I say the last bit in a British accent just as he did.

We eat our food and go shopping at a few more stores. I ended up getting a couple shirts, a dress, and a new pajama set. Asher got way more than me (shocker), but we both ended up leaving the mall happy. 

Once we get in the car, Asher (for what feels like the tenth time today) has the typical "Asher" look on his face.

"What is it now?" I say while chuckling.

"Sleepover?" I give a look like I'm trying to think about it.

"Ummm, yeah why not."

"Yayyyyyy!" I decide to text Alex to see if she can come to and thankfully she says that she's free. Asher had to go to get some stuff from his house so he just dropped me off at mine and said he would be back in an hour. Once I get to the door I'm shocked at the fact that the door is unlocked.

"Hey, is anyone ho-" before I can put my keys down I see Matt and Rowan sitting on the living room couch watching T.V. "Oh hey Mattie...and Rowan. I thought that you guys would still be at practice."

"It was a shorter practice today" I set my keys down as I wait for Matt to say more but he doesn't.

"So are either of you going to tell me why he is here then" once again that smirk that I've learned to love appears on Rowan's face.

"He has a name."

"Eh, it's a forgettable name" I give him a matching smirk. I walk over to the living room and grab the remote from where it was sitting on the coffee table in front of the guys. 

"Hey-"

"Sucks to suck Mattie," before Matt can say anything else, I turn on Netflix. "Oh, Mattie, Asher and Alex are coming over so I call the basement for tonight." Whenever one of us has friends over for the night, we have to call the basement. It has basically another living room, a bar, and a couple bedrooms.

"What? No! Rowan is staying over and we get the basement!" I roll my eyes at him.

"Too bad, I called it first." 

"Yeah we'll see about that!" Matt and Rowan start to walk back upstairs.

"Cry about it."