Chapter 27

Matt's POV

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Yes babe I'll be fine, I just don't want to get you sick." My initial plan for tonight was to just have a chill night at Claire's house. Watch a movie, order pizza, maybe get some... However, said chill night got cut short when Claire started to get sick and throw up about half way through the movie. I offered to stay to take care of her but she refused. So, now I'm walking out of my girlfriend's house and to my car.

I decide to call Rowan to ask him if he wants to come over. I mean, I might as well now that my evening is open and I highly doubt he has anything planned for tonight. 

*Rin-*

Hey this is Rowan, you know what to do.

Straight to voice mail... odd.

"Damn." I can't remember the last time I heard Rowan's voice mail. We're almost always together and when we're not I usually have no reason to call him. Even if I do, he normally picks up by the fourth ring. I'll just call him again when I get home.  

When I get home, the house is relatively quiet except for some noise coming from Harper's room. Probably watching some cringey romance movie or something. 

*Rin-*

Hey this is Rowan, you know what to do.

Damn, again? I wonder if he's with a girl or something. Come to think of it, Rowan hasn't mentioned a girl in months. 

The noise from Harper's room is getting a bit louder now... what the hell kind of movie is she watching?  

Wait. Harper. Her and Rowan have been getting along a lot lately. Honestly it's nice for me since I no longer have to deal with their constant bickering. Maybe she knows where he is, or least she can try to get ahold of him.

I start to walk up to Harper's room, looking at phone and trying to text Rowan. After tripping up the stairs a couple times... I finally make it to Harpers room.

"Hey Harp, do you know why Rowan isn't answer-" I look up and see my worst nightmare coming true. "WHAT THE HELL?!"