Chapter 20

"So um...hey! You know Rowan? Well him and I have kind of sorta maybe been dating in secret for the past couple weeks and I've kind of sorta maybe underestimated how hard it is to have a secret relationship with some one who is also your brothers best friend and... God, what the hell is wrong with me?" I turn away from my mirror and fall onto my bed.

It's been a couple weeks since the sleepover and Rowan and I have officially been together almost a month now. I've been wanting to tell Asher and/or Alex about it for almost a month now. I sit up and grab my phone from where it's charging on my nightstand. After the second ring, Rowan answers.

Why hello there darling.

 I giggle at his failed attempt at a British accent

"Well hello to you too"

What's up babe?

"I um... I wanted to talk to you about something."

Don't tell me... you're engaged to European prince.

"Dammit! How the hell did you know?"

I hear him laugh from the other end

Okay princess, seriously though, what's on your mind?

"So you know how I had went to the mall with Asher a couple weeks ago?"

Harp, I gotta be honest you go to the mall with either Asher or Alex so often I can barely keep up. 

"Well... it was the day that all all of us had hung out at my house-- which yes I know we also do that a lot, but that's besides the point..."

*Que his chuckle

"Anyway... he noticed that something was I guess, different with me and long story short, I told him about you-- us, I mean... sorta"

Well I'm glad that you told someone, even though you don't want to... I know it's been bothering you that you can't talk to anyone about us but... what do you mean 'sorta'

"I mean your new nickname is 'Mystery Man'"

And why is that?

"Because technically I did tell him that I'm in a relationship but I didn't say with who..."

Ooohhhh. Huh. Ya know, I kinda like the new nickname, it makes me sound... mysterious

I hear his voice get deeper as he says 'mysterious'.

 "The nickname aside though... I was thinking that maybe I would tell Asher that 'Mystery Man' is...you"

Ok

"O- ok?"

Do you want me to say something else?

"No- I- I don't know..."

If it makes you feel any better I've already told someone too...

"Really?! Who?"

Kevin...

"Kevin? As in your golden retriever, Kevin?"

...Yes

"I hate to break it to ya bud... I think he already knew..."

What? How?

"I mean... you did kick him out of your room when I was over last week."

He's too young to see that stuff

"Your dog is too young to see us play video games and then make out for a bit?"

Exactly!

"Okay buddy but... anyway back to what we were originally talking about... so you'd be fine if I told Asher about us?"

Hey, if you trust him and if you want to tell him then yeah go ahead, tell him.

"Ok! I will."