Chapter 20: Old Wounds

(As the heroes prepare for the mission, Jaune, now as Kamen Rider Blade is seen talking with Mark Batson, the Kamen Rider Faiz and Blue Beetle.)

Blade: I can't figure out Menendez without getting inside his fucking head

Blade: I can't figure out Menendez without getting inside his fucking head. (to Blue Beetle) Jaime, you grew up in Mexico during his rise to power. You know his legends better than anyone. Tell me, why does he hate us so much?

Blue Beetle: In the first cold war... (Then a flashback occurs) As a boy, he witnessed the Contras rape and murder his people... In 1972, there was a colossal earthquake. His family lost everything. A year later, the only thing he ever loved, his sister, Josefina, was crippled in a fire. Raul and his father started over, sold drugs for easy money. They became rich, powerful legends of Managua. The Menendez cartel was all but untouchable. So the CIA took out Raul's father in a U.S. sanctioned assassination.

Blade: Right, so now Menendez fucking hated America and starting running guns in Afghanistan for his own private army... CIA got wind of it and went on the hunt for him in Kabul. That was the photo Woods showed us in The Vault, remember?

(The cutscene then switches to the Vault on April 19, 2025, where Woods is showing Section and Harper a picture of him and Alex Mason during their time in Afghanistan with their horses in the background.)

Woods: See that handsome bastard? That's me. The ugly one's your father. After 'Nam, the numbers and all that, he was one dangerous son of a bitch.

(At the desert)

Woods: It's showtime, guys.

(Woods is seen rappelling down from a higher ledge.)

Mason: What'd you see, guys?

Faiz: Sand, sand, and more fucking sand

Faiz: Sand, sand, and more fucking sand. Hudson's contact's on his way.

Jobb: (whispers in his communicator) You can come in, guys.

Mason: You reckon we can trust the US Marines?

(Before Kamen Rider Faiz could begin his sentence, two portals appear and then Blitzo, Moxxie, Loona and Millie come out of one portal, while Hank, Dedmos, Stanford and Doc come out of the other portal. This surprised everyone.)