Chapter 42: Train Chase with the British Commando

Miller: (narrating) If we're gonna make our mark, we gotta be ready for anything.

(The screen fades in as the camera moves in to the 1st Infantry Division resupplying while Miller and Roebuck unload crates from a supply truck.)

Miller: (narrating) Like teaming up with the SOE - British Special Forces.

Daniels: (to Roebuck) Somethin' big's happenin'.

Roebuck: Gotta be. Nick Fury is here.

(Roebuck watches as Nick Fury leads Polonsky and Gordon to the command tent.)

Nick Fury: We've received intelligence from the Resistance about a Villainous Alliance train carrying V2 rockets for an attack on Paris refueling near Argentan. That gives us just enough time to move our team into position. It must be stopped. You proved yourselves in Marigny, which is why you'll get the opportunity and the privilege.

Polonsky: Thank you sir, but this seems like a job for more than one platoon.

Nick Fury: That's why I'm teaming you up with the SOE.

(They hear the sound of a horn honking as a jeep carrying Henry Stickmin, Ellie Rose and Charles Calvin from the SOE comes to a stop. The British agents hop out of the jeep and walk towards the Americans. Polonsky notes the damage done to the jeep.)

Polonsky: Looks like you two caught a bit of it.

Henry: Don't worry, Lieutenant. We saved some for you.

(Henry and Ellie shake hands with Polonsky and Gordon.)

Nick Fury: Agents Henry, Ellie and Charles will lead the operation. They've been working with the Resistance for months and know the terrain well. You'll defer to them.

Ellie: We heard about Marigny. Impressive.

Gordon: (shrugs) I can't take all the credit.

Polonsky: Just doing our job.

Charles: And a fine job it was, but a warm up I'm afraid.

(Charles hands a reconnaissance photo of the train to Turner.)

Henry: Look, this is no ordinary supply train. It's a fortress on wheels. Our liason in the Resistance, Rooker, will provide support if possible but attacks on their network could mean we're on our own.

Nick Fury: The fate of Paris is in your hands.

(The scene cuts to the Villainous Alliance supply train cruising through the countryside and then cuts to black.)

(The screen fades in as the American and British soldiers take up position on an overlook before the train tracks.)

Ellie: Reminds me of the time we parachuted into Vercor. Ambushed that Gestapo patrol.