Chapter 29: Black Cats

Roebuck: The battle of Peleliu finally came to an end in November of 1944. Three bitter months after it was supposed to. When we shipped out for Okinawa, the airfield became a vital asset in the campaign. Among those stationed there are the crews of the US Navy Black Cats. Men who would risk everything before they would leave any of us in enemy waters.

Hank: They are the best of the best.

Dedmos: They must be trying to accomplish their mission.

Sanford: Which is to stop the villainous alliance battleships.

Doc: Hawk and company are helping them

(At Onikawa)

Harrington: (over radio) Boats, coming over them now.

Booth: Yeah, I see 'em. Landry! Open up comms! Major Gordon... Vessels are now in visual range. Unmarked Japanese merchant fleet, designation unknown.

Gordon: (over radio) They're probably re-supplying the enemy on Okinawa.

Hawk: Legitimate targets?

Gordon: (over radio) Affirmative. They're part of the enemy war machine. Permission to engage. Over and out.

Warthog: Roger that. Laughlin, Locke! Get to your stations! Start picking targets!

Locke: Roger.

(Locke moves from the right turret to the bow turret in the front of the plane and mans the gun. Visible are three merchant boats and various PT boats.)

Red Heavy: Open fire!!! Keep it up!!

Locke: Okay.

(Locke damages merchant ship)

Blue Spy:WHOOAAHH!!! You see that shit blow?!!!

Locke: (sarcastically) Sure I did!

(After Mantaray passes the first merchant boat.)

Jetfire: Get on the rear gun! Taking MG fire on your six!!!

Locke: Understood.

(Locke moves from the bow turret to the ventral turret at the back of the ship. He opens the hatch, places the gun in the turret and mans the gun. Then he damages the second merchant ship.)