Chapter 6

(Y/N POV)
I met Steve outside in the car park at exactly 7pm and set off straight away. He was oddly silent for most of the ride, he didn't even threaten me about good behaviour. Wanted to check his temperature.

As he drove silently, I admired his side profile. His sharp jawline and defined features. My eyes traveled down to his strong veiny hands that where gripping the steering wheel. Imagine what they would feel like around my neck.... I was shocked at my own thoughts. I decided to finally break the silence. "So you gonna tell me about this mission on continue to sit in silence the whole way?". He turns giving me a look that says "watch it". I raise my hands and say "ok ok I'll dial down the smart remarks, wouldn't want to suffer any of your consequences" I say the last bit almost flirtatiously. His grip on the steering wheel tightens. "Rumlow is meeting up with some buyers to sell the weapons he stole from shield, we're going undercover in a mall to try see who the buyer is" he caves in and explains. I scrunch my face. "A mall? Full of innocent people?" I question uneasily.
I've always hated when they deliberately put innocent civilians in harms way to benefit their own sick needs, makes me so mad. Steve knows this so reassures me that it's all going to be fine.

I nod and his words somewhat calm me. I look straight ahead at the road until I feel those blue eyes piercing into the side of my skull. I turn to face him and catch him staring. He turns his attention back on the road. "What?" I ask and he replies with a simple "Nothing". I try to hold back a smile.

We where almost there but I was sick of the silence so I reach forward and turn on the radio. I'm delighted when I hear "I Want to Break Free" by Queen is playing. I gasp "I lovee this song". He smirks at my reaction before admitting he doesn't know it and he only listens to 40s music. I argue that Queen is a whole new level of good music and that he'd love it if he gave it a chance. He just hums in agreement until I stop my rant singing the lyrics.
"I'VE GOT TO BREAK FREE!!!" I screech and he laughs loudly "Your a terrible singer". I pretend to be offended and slap his arm. I continue to sing...badly.

We got to the mall before Rumlow and his gang so I suggested we head to an IT store inside, hack into their security cameras so we can see when they arrive and what they do when they arrive. Steve said that was actually a good idea and shockingly praised me. So we heading to the first IT store we saw.

I was hacking into the security system it wasn't too hard, pretty basic but Steve stood dangerously close behind me. His hard chest flushed against my back, one hand holding himself up on the desk, he towers over me so leaning down over my shoulder intently watching what I'm doing. His warm breath on my neck as he spoke "I really don't understand these things". "Aw that's ok grandpa! Stick to letters" I tease him. He shifts his eyes from the screen to my face and I pretend not to notice as I hack. "What happened to dialling down the smart remarks y/n?" he questions, dominance dripping from his tone. Feeling brave I continue to tease "Sorry you always just make it so easy". He scoffs still staring at me.

(STEVE POV)
I'm admiring her focused face as she amazes me with what she called "hacking into that shit like a boss ass bitch", sometimes she scares me. But my gaze is interrupted by a worker asking if we need any help. Before I could answer y/n wraps her arm around my neck, leans her head on my shoulder and presses herself against me. "Oh no me and my fiancé are just decided on some honeymoon destinations, right pumpkin" she chirps her voice strangely sweet. I reply awkwardly "Yup we're getting married". y/n puts a random place on the screen. "Congrats! Where are you guys thinking of going?" the worker asks. "uhh New Jersey??" I read the screen and send her a 'seriously?" look and she shrugs. "So romantic" she mumbles. I subtly roll my eyes at her comment.

The man looks at y/n then says "Hit the jackpot with Mr Muscles here huh?". Is this guy for real? Her hit the jackpot...has he seen the woman he's talking to.
"Mmhm my man is one fine specimen" she coos while nuzzling her head into my shoulder. The man laughs and says before leaving "Call for Ben of you need anything, enjoy guys" and we both give him fake sweet smiles. "Pumpkin?" I question y/n slightly concerned at the nickname. She laughs while typing then stops to look at me "you loved it". We just stare into each others eyes until I notice the security camera shows Rumlow and his gang are outside the store we're in. "Shit y/n there outside"
and she looks at me worried. "Lets go" I grab her.

We're walking towards the exit when I see Rumlow's people are blocking the way we came in. "There's another way out, down the escalator" I whisper to     y/n. She nods and we both turn only to see two of his men walking against us. "Put your arm around me and laugh at something I said" she almost orders. I pull her into my embrace and laugh into her hair. Sneakily looking back and seeing them looking around the store we where in. "They notice us?"she asks. "Nope". We head towards the escalators.

(Y/N POV)
We're at the top of the escalators and Steve is standing closely behind me, almost like he's trying to protect me. I spot Rumlow stepping onto the escalator coming against us. Shit. I think fast trying to remember all the things Fury taught me. Then one hit me, one I didn't exactly like but I knew it would work and it was our only shot of getting out of her without turning this place into a war zone. There where children here, I couldn't let that happen.

So I quickly turn to Steve and whisper "kiss me". His eyes go wide in shock and tries to process what he just heard. "What?!" he snaps. "Public displays of affection make people uncomfortable" I state while staring into his blue eyes. His eyes scanned my face trying to see if I was being serious. "Yes they do-" he begins but I cut him off by pulling him in by his neck. I quickly but softly place my lips against his. He's shocked at first but relaxes very quickly.

Our lips move together softly and his hands move to my waist, pulling me in closer. The kiss slowly heats up and he slid his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues fight for dominance but he quickly wins. My fingers slide through his hair and his grip on my waist tightens. We pull apart, both of our breathing heavy. I stare into his blue eyes, that now seemed darker. His grip didn't loosen on my hips. I slid my hand from his hair to cup his face. Taking this chance I see Rumlow had passed us and just as I thought he looked way from our passionate display of affection. We pull away from each others embrace and stepping off the escalator I ask him "Still uncomfortable" and he replies "Wouldn't be the word I would use" causing me to smirk.

We walked out to the car, not a word or glance was exchanged. Both of us in shock at what just happened. I couldn't believe I let myself get so carried away. He was an amazing kisser...he was so controlling and dominating it sent heat straight to my core just thinking about it. I knew I was screwed now that I've tasted him. Now that I've had piece. I knew there was no turning back for me. I need him.
In a physical way only... or so I foolishly thought.

13895 words
Hello m'loves! I'm so thankful for all your support. It means a lot to me. I really hope you enjoyed this new part. I promise it's going to get spicy next chapter. I just love working up all that tension!
I love you all!🥰🦋