Chapter 28

(Y/N POV)
I practically sprinted out of the store room leaning Steve alone in there. I couldn't believe I had just let myself melt under his touch so easily. It was like all my self control just jumped out the window.

I walk straight through the hospital corridors my feet where just moving, my brain spinning with thoughts. I wasn't focusing where I was going at all. But somehow I ended up trudging down the long dark hallway that lead to the 'Residents Hangout' spot. I looked up and to my pleasure Izzie, Cristina and Meredith where sitting on one of the beds.

They were chatting away when I interrupted, my voice echoing down the halls "Guess what I just did".

"More like who you just did" Izzie chirps while taking a bite of her pizza. My eyes are drawn to the box sitting in the middle of them. I stay standing in front of them as if they were my audience, grabbing a piece of pizza. Taking a bite and raising my brow.

"McAmerica in the storeroom" Cristina comments smugly. They had a habit of giving people nicknames that start with 'Mc' in this hospital. Like I found out Derek and Mark and called 'McDreamy and McSteamy'. I never laughed so hard when they told me about it.

My eyes widen at Cristina's words and Mer notices my reaction. "News travels fast around her" she explains sympathetically. Damn nosy hospital.

"Guessed as much" I sighed then I start moving around on my feet in front of them. They watch me intently waiting for me to tell them everything.

"Now I need your advice, I'm going to meet him at Joe's after I'm done here" I tell them.

The three girls exchange looks of confusion.

"Do you think we have a chance?" I ask desperately.

All three of them sigh and exchange another look which I can't quite read. Izzie speaks up first.

"I really do y/n/n" she smiles then takes another bite of her pizza, remembering I have a slice in my hand I do the same. Yum this was actually good pizza.

"I think he's your person" Cristina admits avoiding eye contact. Cristina wasn't one for emotions so I knew she was being honest with me. The term 'my person' was also one of their things around here. It was a very special thing to be someone's person. It could be a friendship thing or a romantic thing.

My heart swelled at the thought of Steve being my person. But the anxiety and thoughts kicked in about me being his. "Really?" I question skeptically.

The three girls hum in agreement and I sigh.

"Mer time?" I ask and she tells me it's 6 and I remember I have surgery with Bailey and Hunt.

"Shit gotta split" I shove my pizza into my mouth. "Love you all and thanks for the advice!" I run down the hallway knowing Bailey will have my ass if I'm late. "Let us know how it went" Izzie calls after me.

After a long but interesting surgery I trudge to the locker rooms. April, Lexie and Alex are only starting there shift now so I greet them groggily and they chuckle. I open my locker and see what outfits I have which makes me feel stupid knowing I want to look pretty for Steve. It was a chilly but calm night. So I settled on chequered creme, brown and black pants with a brown leather belt, black tank top and creme oversized knitted cardigan. Grabbing my white trainers and hood jewellery. I leave my hair down natural and wavy. I take a look in the mirror.

 I take a look in the mirror