Chapter 29

(Y/N POV)
After my drink with Steve I was paged into the hospital, a big trauma came in and I was needed in the er. I spent all the night and into the morning running around tending to burn victims. There was an apartment fire. It was so chaotic and everyone no matter what your speciality is was needed. But trauma and plastics had the brunt of it.

It was now almost 7 in the morning and I was stitching up a little girls cut that she got from being passed out a broken window by the fire fighters.

"See all done, that wasn't so bad now was it?" I smile at her kindly. She looks down and sees I've covered it with a pink plaster and grins widely at me nodding.

"Now the only medicine I'm prescribing you is plenty of ice cream. You can decide the flavour" I order her and she giggles at me. Her parents smile and continuously thank me. I walk away and bump into a large chest. I look up and see Mark who's looking down at me with a concerned look. I raise my brow.

"y/l/n when was the last time you got any sleep?" Mark asks seriously.

I pause having to genuinely think about the answer...then I realise it's been almost 2 days since I've slept.

"I'm fine Sloan honestly" I lie.

"Go home now and sleep. That's an order" he says.

"You can't order me? Bailey is the boss!" I complain.

"Damn right I can order you, now go home and get your lovely round ass into bed and sleep" he flirts.

I roll my eyes and pretend I'm not laughing at his idiotic behaviour. He smirks and I walk away to the locker room, grab my bag then head back home.

When I walk in the door it's not the busy morning it would usually be because everyone only went home maybe an hour ago. Only ones awake are Meredith and Derek who are making out in the kitchen.

Derek sees me walk in over Meredith's shoulder and I give him the thumbs up mouthing "Get it boy". He chuckles and Mer turns around smiling. I wink at them and head upstairs. I hear them giggling.

I drag myself into the room throw my bag on the floor and kick my shoes off. I collapse in exhaustion onto my bed still in my scrubs and fall into a deep sleep almost immediately as my head hit the pillow.

Hours later.....
I slept until 7pm because I was so exhausted. It's now 7:30pm and I've just been just sitting on my phone scrolling through Pinterest. My phone dings and I get a text. It's from Steve.

                        Frozen Fossil New🧊🇺🇸
—————————————————————————

Hey are you at work?

                                          No got off this morning        
                                  been sleeping in bed all day.

Would you like you meet up
for some late night coffee?

                                       I would kill for a coffee rn
                            tell me the time and place, ttys.

y/n we've discussed that I
don't understand your 'text lingo'

_________________________________

I smiled at my phone. He's such an old man. Steve texted the time and place so I got up and got ready quickly as it was almost 8. It was chilly but a nice night so I decided to wear a kinda baggy white knitted crew neck, a denim skirt, black tights with black boots. I did light make up and went to pick my jewellery. I love jewellery, I have a huge box of all kinds of jewellery. Silver to gold, I'm obsessed.