Chapter 5

(Y/N POV)
The last few days Rogers and I have been training in the gym, working on improving self defence tactics. But today we where doing laps at the park. I didn't mind running and I was fast. Not as fast as a super solider but fast. He knows I'm competitive so to motivate me Rogers made it a competition. Cause of all that super solider serum he would have to do 50 laps. Apparently that's "not too bad" for him. While I do 25. I took it considering it's fair, unusual of him.

I was on my last lap and my whole body was aching. While Steve was on his last lap and slightly out of breath. I hate him. I was ahead by a little and my body was starting to slow down. I hear him come up behind me and as he passing he shouts "Don't let me pass you out on your last lap y/n!" "You bastard!" I call after him. I hear him laugh. That is enough to fuel my competitiveness. Determined to win i speed up. As fast as my legs can go. I'm in pain but I don't care. I'm tailing behind him and I see the tree that marks where the laps start. I give my everything and run, passing him out hearing him curse me as I do. I pass the tree literally seconds before him.

I collapse onto the grass completely out of breath. I can't believe I just did that. I was so happy with myself. I lay sprawled out like a starfish on the grass and Steve approaches. Feeling victorious I flip him off knowing he's just as stubborn and would never have let me win. His breathing is slightly heavy but other than that he's fine. While I'm almost dead on the floor.

"Knew your competitiveness would kick in for you there at the last minute" he teases. "I am not..." I go to defend myself but who am I kidding "shut up" I finish. He chuckles "See can't even deny it". "Just help me up golden boy" I order. I don't have the strength to get up myself. Grabbing one hand he pulls me up effortlessly. My feet are almost numb from all the running so I stumble. Stabilising myself by grabbing onto his huge biceps. I don't take notice of what I'm doing at first still trying to get my breath back to normal. I look up and he's staring at me with those weird eyes again! Then I realise what I'm doing and quickly let go. But his stare never failing.

"Might have to carry me home Rogers" I joke trying to end the awkwardness. "You wish" he mumbles while turning and waking away, I'm shocked. "Pfftt I wish? Please you wish I would ask you to carry me so you could manhandle me some more!" I tease feeling brave. He turns around making himself walk backwards with his hands stuffed in his pockets. "Oh yeah?" he replies cheekily. "Oh yeah" I return his cheeky energy. I start walking to catching up with him. Still walking backwards he bravely says "Well maybe you like the manhandling and are subconsciously asking me to do it some more". I scoff at his bluntness, it's so unlike him. We've never had this kind of banter before, it was nice. "You dork" I finally say as he turns back around walking.

The tower was only a couple of minutes walk away but my feet where killing me, I was dragging myself along the sidewalk. I ask can we stop for some water at one of the corner stores and he shockingly says yes and even offers to go get it for us. Who is this man and what has he done with Steve Rogers.

I'm redoing my ponytail outside the small shop when people shouting and kids pointing at the sky makes me look up. I hear a whoosh noise as Tony flies over the streets in his Iron Man suit, waving at the little kids. I smile and frantically wave pretending to be a fan but he clearly recognises me and flips me off before flying off. I laugh and watch him land on top of the tower and head inside.

Steve walks out and throws me a bottle of water. I thank him. "Was that Tony?" he asks. "Mhm I waved at him and he flipped me off the nob" I joke causing Steve to smirk. Tony was my closest friend other than Wanda. We had the same humour and enjoy annoying Rogers so we got along. After chugging the water we head back to the tower.

The Next Day....
I'm sitting alone in my room watching sitcoms cause Wanda is on a mystery date. So I'm waiting for her to come back and spill all the juicy details. I laugh the show and at the same time my phone beeps. I lean over and grab it off the nightstand. Seeing the message was from Steve I open it.

Fossil🇺🇸
————————————————————————

"I've got an undercover mission and I've decided to bring you for training. If you disobey me there will be consequences y/n. Meet me in the car park at 7 in casual attire"
~ Steve Rogers

"Yes sir"
"Also I've told you about signing
your name I already know it's you..."

I roll my eyes and laugh at his text. He's such an old man. I've tried to explain text to him when I used to use slang but the poor chap just didn't get it so I stick to professional texting with him. I look at the time it's 5:30. I decide to go for a shower now so I have time cause this niceness might end if I'm late.

969 words.
Sorry guys I know this ones a little short it's 4am and I've been writing for way to long at this point😄 I hope your enjoying the story. I love you all🥰🦋