R - XXIV ༄ ᴄʟᴜᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ

꧁ ✿ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ 24 ✿ ꧂

" Pain wouldn't be a pain if it was explainable. "

°•° ✿ °•°

[ Aru pov ]

"So, your life was a mess because I wasn't there to give you food." My lips twitched. Thinking about it made my blood boil and I wanted to slap him so badly but held it in as impulsive action wasn't healthy.

Beomgyu nodded his head before taking a big bite of the sausage. "Yes! The sausage that I ate when we first met tasted better than the meat back at home! I have been craving it for the longest time. Thank you for serving it to me again!" He spoke as he munched on the meat, swallowing after.

I stood up abruptly and slammed my hands on the table. Maybe impulsive action was healthy. The way he spoke as he ate, it was as if he didn't care how I would feel. He left me for two years and hugged me, saying something that I thought he meant he missed me but no, meat?

I get it that food could cause somewhat a drive but how could he? Especially I suffered a lot with this damn feeling. Bold of me to assume he would care. Maybe it was my fault. I was the one who loved him, not him.

"Aru, you okay?" He asked and I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes. I clenched my fist and sat back down quietly, head lowered.

"So you only cared about food," I murmured as I expected him to say yes but he chuckled instead which caught my attention.

"Do you really think the food was the only thing I cared about?" He giggled before shaking his head. "I miss you too, Aru. You don't know how much pain I have been through. You were the only one that filled my mind then. Your loving eyes, your beautiful smile, your face and your touch. I still miss the hug you gave me that night. It was the first time I felt so... loved." He smiled but his eyes weren't.

Something stabbed in my heart when I heard all that. Though they were heart fluttering words but judging by his tone, it was sad as if, he thinks that they won't last long. The things he found joy in.

He fell silent and I joined in as I had nothing to say. The birds' melodies played around our ears but I finally decided to speak up, taking over the melodies.

"Aren't you gonna tell me?" I asked, earning his pair of green eyes and he tilted his head. It still caught me off guard how green his eyes were. They were prominent green, the colour of emerald. Ethereal, which made perfect sense when he wasn't a human.

I still remember the day he revealed his true self. Everything was still clear in my mind. The black fur on his arm, the sharp nails from his finger and his burning green eyes; everything. "What're you?" I straightforwardly asked.

His Adam apple bopped as he swallowed a lump in his throat. He looked like he was nervous as he started avoiding my eyes. I sighed, assuming he didn't want to tell me so I decided to give up for today. "If you don't want to tell me, it's fine. You can tell me when you're ready." I stood up, ready to walk away but he spoke up, stopping me.