R - XXVIII ༄ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

꧁ ✿ ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ 28 ✿ ꧂

" Freedom is feeling, feeling is freedom. "

°•° ✿ °•°

"Wait! Aru! Please hear me out!"

"I told you I forgot to buy something at the convenience store! Stop chasing me! I will talk to you later!" 

Aru tried her best to get farther away from him as possible. She didn't want to talk nor did she have the courage to do so. She knew she was gonna let her feelings take over her again and be tricked.

No, she couldn't forget her past. All the pain of being alone, she couldn't forget it. If she forgave him so easily would only mean she looked down on herself. Yes, he was in pain too but that did not mean she should belittle her own pain.

She paused, a sudden bravely ignited in her. Beomgyu stopped his track as well and frowned when Aru turned around, glaring at him. "Aru?"

"I shouldn't have forgiven you. Whether you have a reason or not, my feelings should have mattered too. What do you think happened after you left? Do you think I would be carefree and celebrate every day?" Aru suddenly started rambling, giving Beomgyu a hard time to process.

"Aru, I—"

"You shouldn't have come back here. It's best if we both stay apart. I am too hurt to even be happy that you're back. And… you said they would punish you if you make a mistake again so it would have been better if you weren't here," she said, although she felt her heart being stung. 

Beomgyu didn't know how to react. It took him a moment to realise how selfish he was all this time. He didn't even leave a note when he disappeared from her life—he should have done something. It was cruel of him to come back here to get back the happiness he was hungry for. 

Once again, he outdid himself. He realised some things couldn't be earned and when it's time to give up, he should.

"Uncle! Let's play!"

"Kid, if you so much as take a step closer to me, I will throw you off this cliff or smash this hammer against your skull! Got that?!"

"Y-Yes…"

Aru frowned, wondering why he was so silent. His head was lowered and he didn't move an inch from his place after what she said. "Was I too harsh?" She gulped as she took her steps toward him. "Beomgyu—"

"You're right. I shouldn't be forgiven, let alone being here. I am sorry… I was selfish," he said before walking past her.

Aru's eyes widened, taken aback by his reaction. It wasn't what she expected. She instantly turned around and grabbed onto his arm, stopping him. "Hey! Where are you going?! You're leaving just like that?!"