Chapter 41

No, unfortunately, Erik is not mine.

Elyza

As we drove home, it was dead silent. Erik did not look or talk to me, yet, he sped home. When we reached the large house, he dragged me through the doors, upstairs, and to my bedroom. I heard the doors lock shut from the outside. As useless as it was, I tried jiggling the handles, finding they could not open the doors. I never heard the man walk away, so I knew he was still standing outside the door as my fear heightened. "There is no use. No-one will save you from me." His voice was quiet and dangerously gentle. I started to pound on the doors as my heart leapt to my throat. "Erik, let me out!" I suddenly heard footsteps and I heard them grow faint. He was gone.

Erik

What did Elyza expect? She had came to me, and now, she wouldn't be leaving. I heard her sobs from my occupancy on the couch downstairs. She began to scream. She tried my patience. I couldn't stop myself from screaming back. "Oh, be quiet!!"

Elyza

I had never heard him yell at me before. It was then that I realised, he could hurt me. It was then that I realised how off and eerie everything was. It was suddenly cold in my room and I heard soft tinkling. A music box I had never noticed. It rested on my vanity and the tune was familiar, but I couldn't place a finger on it. It felt like I was in a horror film of some sort. I could taste my demise.