Chapter 10

Phantom of the Opera I own not.
Erik

The next morning, in the first period of art class, I could not meet Elyza's eyes, though I kept staring at her while she worked, no matter how hard I tried to stop. The one time our eyes met, she flushed, looked down, and continued to work. I realised that even though she sat there, not talking to anyone, seemed really focused, and did not move from her seat, she hadn't gotten a lot of work done. The rest of the class had nearly finished their projects and she had not even finished her third coat of paint. I frowned with disapproval, but I did not go to aid her. She seemed distracted...

Elyza

I couldn't work. I just couldn't. I knew I was probably going to be punished for having that type of interaction with him. When we looked at each other, my heart skipped a beat and I felt so guilty. I was starting to like him... a lot, but I felt so stupid, knowing he could never love me. So, I was going to apologise to him, and it would all be over, right? (wrong!) So, I stood up nervously, and looked at him. Mr. Destler was busily correcting papers and I suddenly felt faint. He was very handsome... His brow was furrowed, his mismatch eyes looked confused, and his skin looked like it had never been touched by the sun. I walked over to him and cleared my throat to make my presence known. His head snapped up at me and he frowned slightly. "Yes, Ms. Reagan? Is something the matter? You're pale.." "Er... No, sir... I just wanted to apologise for yesterday.. It was wrong of me and... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have without your permission and it was wrong...", I whispered, looking everywhere but him. I felt his eyes on me, burning into my soul.