Chapter 54

Elyza

I lay there, staring up. Tears rimmed my eyes. I had just put Liz-Marie and myself in a terrible situation. We probably didn't have a home anymore and now, Liz-Marie probably despised me, Erik too... Why did I say that?! What was wrong with me? I was always taught to respect everyone, regardless of differences or disabilities. Honestly, I didn't care whether or not he wore a mask! What was wrong with me? Did whatever happen have an impact on my brain? I didn't have time to berate myself much longer as my younger sister waltzed into the hospital room, an angry, yet sad expression lay set into her features.
She spoke.

"How dare you? How really freaking dare you?" She didn't sound angry at all. She sounded broken. I couldn't find the words to speak and I looked away from her to stare at the plain, beige wall. "He loved you! Erik loved you, Elyza Reagan! Now, look what you've done. You've gone and broken his heart. He took us into his home, fed us, brought us the best of clothes, paid for my ballet lessons, and was personally going to teach you to sing... Just... Damn you, you vacuous egotist!" I snapped my head back to her "I'm sorry, Liz-Marie! I didn't mean to--!" "Oh, I don't give a damn what you meant to do and I certainly couldn't care less that you're sorry! You need to apologise to Erik, not me. The point is you did it, and you can never take it back!"