Chapter 53

I promise guys, once I get on summer vacation, I will update WAY more often. Now, I have testing and school and ugh. I'm sorry. Here's chappie fifty-three.

Liz-Marie

I followed Erik out of the room, livid with Elyza. I could not bear to be in the same room with her. If this was the person she were going to become, I wanted no part of it. I saw an abnormally tall figure, clad in black, stalk down the hallway with their head down. I knew instantly it was the man I was searching for. "Erik! Erik, wait!" He stopped in his tracks, but did not face me. I knew he was crying. I would be crying, too. I knew he loved my sister, probably more than he should have. I knew that he would always love her, regardless of what she did. And I think he hated himself for that. I always knew he hated himself deep down, but I never knew why. Was it because of what lay behind the mask he wore? I often wondered that, but I knew he would not give me the answer I so desperately needed... I was simply not that girl... When he realised I had not spoken in a few minutes, he whipped around to face me, a solitary tear stain tracked down his pale, unmasked cheek. Even though he were crying, his cheek was not reddened at all. His eyes, however, were slightly reddened and swollen, the mismatched irises changing colours as I stared into them. Erik snarled at me. "What?" I backed away nervously. The nurses and other people passing us by stared nosily. "I j-just wanted to apologise for what Elyza said. You must know she did not mean it..." He just stared at me with an expressionless countenance. When he spoke, his voice was low and dangerous. It scared me, but I would not dare let him see that. "I do not give a damn if she meant it or not. The words left her lips and she said it with burning disgust. And you, certainly, would not make a worthy adversary." My breath became erratic and Erik's mood suddenly changed. His voice became sorrowful. "Besides, it is my fault anyway." He turned around and slowly continued walking away, leaving me standing there in the busy corridor. What was I going to do?