Two

Everyone in the room backed away from me. Elrond looked surprised, but the king on the other hand looked deadly.

"You're dead." He said coldly.

"Am I now?" I answered coyly. 

"Well if you're not then you will be."

"Really"

"Show your face girl." I took off my hood. Thranduil looked into my red eyes.

"You wouldn't harm me. I'm the only one who can tell you how... Why your wife died."

"I know how she died, you killed her." Elrond gasped when Thranduil said that.

"Wrong, wrong, wrong, you're not very observant are you? Did you notice how I didn't kill you?" I fumbled through the satchel at my side and found the letter. "Here" I handed it to Thranduil. He handled it like a bomb. "It's not dangerous." I had had the courtesy not to look in the letter myself, so it very well could have been dangerous. I wouldn't have known. I watched Thranduil read the letter, his eyes scanning the page and filling with tears. He handed it to his son, who was only 300 but looked like a three year old human, and looked at me.

"She foresaw her death and told me not to blame you for it, so now I feel that I must apologize for killing you and then threatening to do it again, sorry." He said sincerely. I was genuinely surprised with his sincerity of the apology. "So to make up for it and seeing you have no place to stay I would ask you to consider living here."

****

That was very short, sorry guys. I haven't updated in a while I've had band competitions all month and have more over the next few weeks. Anyway thanks for the votes and comments this book has really taken off. :-)