Seven

19 days till the battle

It was Legolas's birthday and his excitement couldn't be contained. I had taken him out to shoot with Thranduil's permission and he was not trying at all. For an entire afternoon we stayed at the shooting range and Legolas only hit the target 12 out of about 100. He was just a beginner but he had done much better in the past. Thranduil came up behind us quietly to scare Legolas who didn't realize he was there.

"Come on little prince we need to get you ready for your party." Thranduil said as he grabbed Legolas from behind. "Shiva" he said over his sons laughter "Arrenal can't wait to get her hands on you."

"That's going to be fun." I said sarcastically " Alright see you at the party."

I ran off into the forest towards the hall. I bounded up the stairs to my room.

Arrenal, my maid, had become more of a friend

"Finally, You are here." She said happily. She's always overjoyed. I swear she would be a fantastic song bird.

"Yes I am here Arrenal what torture awaits me."

"This." Arrenal held up a red dress. It was actually kind of pretty but I wasn't going to let Arrenal have that satisfaction.

"Fine I'll wear it, for you. But you can't touch my hair." I said.

"At least let me brush it."

"No, I'm capable of that myself."

"Alright have fun." Arrenal left the room. I changed into my dress and brushed my hair the best I could because, after all, I had never done that before. Then I pushed through the drawer of the desk. Past some sort of make up, or at least I thought so, until I found a black ribbon and fulled the top half of my hair up in it. I didn't bother looking at myself in the mirror, I wasn't one to stare at my scarlet eyes. After that I spent a um very long time looking for my black cloak. By the time I found it I was late and ran out the door. Grabbing Legolas's present, I pulling the cloak over my shoulders as I went. I sprinted down the empty hall and burst through the doors to the grand hall. Everyone starred at me and I saw Thranduil roll his eyes. Legolas, who was oblivious as ever, ran up to me and grabbed my legs.

"Shiva, you're here." He said happily.

"Yes, I'm here and I have present for you, little one." I said to him, everyone still looking at me. I handed Legolas a wrapped package. He tore off the paper and jumped around me in happy circles.

"A bow, Shiva, of all things. He's only a child." Thranduil said coming up beside me.

"I'm aware he's a child, a child who's good with a bow and who would benefit from having one of his own. But, Legolas, why don't we leave it until after the party?" Legolas quit jumping and nodded. Then he ran away to put the bow in his room.

"I'm surprised at you Shiva." Thranduil said.

"In what respect?" I asked.

"Wearing a dress. What did Arrenal have to do to you?"

"That lady is smart. She hid all of my other clothes, even my cloak. Why else would I be late?" Thranduil cracked an amused smile that I returned. I looked around to see that everyone had gone back to what they had been doing. Except Elrond.

"Shiva" He said "I'm glad to find you here and well."

"Well is not the word to describe my current state." I said.

"Why not?" Thranduil then interjected.

"We've had a threat. Of war." He said.

"From who?" Elrond should have really stopped asking questions.

"My former army and commander." I said "They want Mordor and for all bad reasons."

"Can they not just take it?"

"Let's say that the way the throne is passed on in Mordor is different than most and involves killing the current holder of power and that would be me."

"and we can deal with it ourselves." Thranduil added.

"Indeed you can." Elrond said and went back into the crowd.

Hi guys school is now over and I'll hopefully update more often. This chapter is for my friend @shadeslayer187 because I like giving my friends chapters. Shadeslayer points out when I've done things wrong so yah thanks. I'll update soon xD