Twelve

15 days until battle

Shiva POV

We had trained all day, again and the tension grew as the day grew closer. We, Thranduil and I, were eating dinner.

"Shiva." Thranduil asked

"Yep."

"How do we win this." I knew what he meant, how do we win the upcoming battle.

"We kill Xenox." I answered bluntly.

"And we lose."

"When I die."

"Are those the only two options?"

"As far as I'm concerned, unless I die and then before you realize someone kills Xenox. Then it goes to his heir."

"It meaning your ring."

"The ring of Mordor."

"But to get the ring wouldn't Xenox have to be your heir."

"No silly king, I don't have a heir so it goes to the person who kills me."

"Unless you did have one."

"Are you suggesting I appoint a heir."

"Yes...." I cut him off. I understood why but I couldn't do that to someone. Let alone someone I trusted enough to make my heir.

"No that would be a death sentence for anyone, unless we kill Xenox."

"But.."

"I say enough of these conversations of death, please."

"Have you ever said please in your life." Thranduil said smirking.

"Now I have." We laughed and Legolas ran in the room.

"What's so funny Ada (father in elvish.)" He said but jumped into my lap.

"Shiva's learning to use manners." His Ada said playfully.

"So am I." Legolas said proudly. More laughter. A comfortable silence followed. Eventually Legolas fell asleep and I handed him to Thranduil.

"What happens after we win this war?" Thranduil asked.

"IF we win this war. I have no idea what I plan to do. It seems to work out better when I don't have one."

"You seem so unafraid to die, or if the fact that you might."

"I was raised in Mordor." I said rolling the word Mordor into black speech.

"Point taken, please don't say anything in that foul tongue again."

"That's likely. Especially now that I know you don't like it." I said coyly. "Night" I said getting up.

"Night." I began to walk away."Oh and Shiva." I turned my head. "I'm locking you in your room."

"There's a window."

"You're impossible."

"And proud of it."

Mleah filler chapter. Thanks Shadeslayer for editing thus and putting up with me not being able to find the mistake in my own writing. Vote, comment, I want to know what you think. Thanks for reading.