Eighteen

Thranduil POV

I burst into the tent just as Elrond started to speak.

"She may not be dead." I managed to get out.

"What?" Gandalf asked

"Shiva might not be dead." I repeated.

"She was dead?"

"Yes now come on." I left the tent with a bewildered Gandalf and Elrond following. Legolas who was still in my arms was just as confused.When we got to the tent I saw Arrenal holding Shiva's right hand. Her face and the rest of her body was still covered by the sheet. I threw it back and Arrenal jumped back. I grabbed Shiva's left hand and to my joy the small black band was still on her little finger.

"You're alive." I whispered.

"How do you know that?" Elrond asked.

"This is the ring of Mordor. If she were dead it would be gone."

"The ring of Mordor?" Gandalf asked. So I explained it like Shiva had. About the heirs and deaths.

"So now what?" Arrenal asked.

"I guess we just wait for her to wake up." I said. I hadn't really thought of that.

"Wait for what." Shiva asked.

"Hello." I said.

"Am I dead. Oh Valor tell me we're not all dead."

"No, we're all alive." She made a move to get up. "No you don't stay there."

"Why?."

"You just almost died."

"Oh, right."

"But you weren't breathing and had no heart beat."

"I don't have to breath. I don't have a heart beat and it will take more than an arrow in the back to kill me." Legolas bounced down from my arms and over to Shiva. He hugged her lightly so that it wouldn't hurt her wound. He was such a thoughtful child.

Shiva POV (something I never thought to write again)

Here I was surrounded by the five people I cared about.

"How many casualties?" I asked. The army had had about five thousand about elves.

"Well we have over four thousand five hundred still living, you did a good job training them." Elrond answered. I was still slightly confused on what had happened. I had thought someone had kissed me but nobody had ever kissed me in my life so I figured it went along with the strange dream about my mother. After I got over that I finally realized something.

"Xenox is dead then." I said it wasn't really a question.

"Yes, you did it but why did you turn your back on him? Didn't you learn anything." Thranduil said.

"No, I didn't learn anything at all. From all the times that has happened or even from you. I think though maybe next time I'll pay attention to that."

"We wouldn't want you dead a second time."

"Very funny."

"I'm not kidding Shiva we all thought you were dead. You were so cold and...and."

"You can't kill the dead Thranduil. I'm always cold. The blood that runs through these veins is a bad kind."
Arrenal looked very confused at everything I was saying. "We have a very confused servant/friend who wants answers."

"Oh, right." So with help from all of us, even Legolas, we explained our predicament to Arrenal who took it surprisingly well.. Well better than I would have anyway.

"Now what?" She asked.

"Can we go home?" I asked and for some reason that made her cry.

I am so not ready to let these characters go. So there shall be more chapters many more. I hope you liked the fact that Shiva lived. Next time there will be more Thraiva.. Shanduil (Thanks Tammyt70 for that one.) Vote, comment Thanks for Reading. xD