Thirteen

12 days until battle

Thranduil POV

The army was ready. We had archers, swordsmen, everything we could ever need, including a good leader. Shiva was fretting over the armies well being, how many would die and such. It was pretty funny, considering she had no worries for herself. I ended up locking her in her room and placing guards under her window to keep her away from the spider filled forest. We wouldn't want a repeat of Shiva's third day here. But of course being Shiva she decided to try to escape. I guess I felt bad for keeping her locked in a room but it was for her own good. But being Shiva she tried to escape every night. It was almost midnight when there was a knock on my door.

"Yes" I called from my bed. The door didn't open but a guard called through the door.

"My Lord, Shiva has escaped." I groaned. Really did you have too? We have important people coming tomorrow. "I'm Shiva you've known me long enough that I don't do anything unless totally nessasary." Her cheeky voice said in my head. At least that was what I pictured her saying in that situation. I got off the bed pulled on my robes and opened the door. The guard opened his mouth but I stopped him.

"I'll find her. Tell the other's guarding her room they have the rest of the night off." I had a good idea where she would most likely be.

***

(Still Thranduil)

Hardly fifteen minutes later I found Shiva. She was in the  garden, sitting in a bench and pricking her finger with the thorn of a rose and staring in amazement at the blood. The blood was black.

"Stop that." I ran over to her pulled the flower from her hands. In the process pricking myself.

"I didn't know that my blood was different. What am I?" A still dazed Shiva asked.

"Your a Shiva and the only one I know. Why are you out here." I sat down next to her.

"You know why."

"Yes but what do you dream about."

"Death. Sometimes I see Eladine die again but other times it's you, or Arrenal, or even little Legolas."

"Does it really bother you when I die?"

"You'd my friend it does bother me."

"You asked me what you are and I truly don't know but that doesn't really matter. Your the most ill tempered person I have ever known her you worry for the army of elves that you can't protect. You worry for there lives and yet you don't worry for yourself. Your the best friend I've ever had yet your everything I should hate. Your Shiva there is no other way to describe it."

"Thanks" The Shiva whispered.

"You're alright now." I said.

"Yes I'm done thinking I'm a demon elf." She wiped her bloody hand on her black tunic. I could hardly tell the difference.

"Well come on down inside."

"Before I get eaten by spiders." She joked.

"Really Shiva we have important people coming tomorrow. Elrond returns again with the wizard Mithrandir."

"Elrond again? Wasn't he just here."

"Yes he met the wizard halfway and then came back this direction."

"What a waste of time." Shiva said. She's back. I thought.

"Goodnight." I said and stood. Shiva did too.

"Goodnight" she said "and thanks" she kissed my cheek then ran away laughing quietly to herself. I just stood there my hand on my cheek.

That was a lot different from the first one I wrote and Gandalf is coming. :-) OK self promotion time. (If you feel so inclined you can check out my other books. I have three other Tolkien fics (one on hold). Thanks  for reading vote, comment. xD.