Seventeen

Thranduil POV

I woke in a tent. As I tried to sit up my head throbbed and I laid back down. I turned my head and saw Shiva on a bed next to me. I forgot my injury and was on my feet. We seemed to be the only ones in this tent. I hovered over her body. She had a bandage around her chest part of it was dyed black from her blood.

"Say something please." I whispered my only friend looked dead.

The tent flap opened and Elrond entered.

"I'm glad to see you awake." He said. I didn't answer. "We don't know if she is dead or not. She doesn't seem to be breathing but she has a heart beat. You know her better than us is there some way to tell." The world seemed to stop as he said those words. She wasn't breathing she's dead. I looked at her even paler than normal face. It was marked with thin silver scars I had never seen before. She must cover them like I did with mine from the serpent's of the north. I grasped her wrist to see if she did indeed have a heart beat but was disappointed. There was no throbbed between my thumb and finger. I let go shaking my head and backed away. Elrond did as I had and his face filled sorrow.

"I'm sorry Thranduil. She's gone but you should rest. You were hit in the head. I must break the news to Gandalf." He pulled the sheet over her head and left the tent. I sat back on my cot but I would not rest. Shiva was gone, for ever for good. There was no dark Lord to bring her back this time. I stood again and pulled back the sheet to expose her head. The former grief filled cold king began its return to my heart. Once I had vowed never to care about anyone else again and this is what I got. The only person I had ever truly loved was dead. I ran my hand along one of her cheek bone. It was cold, cold like death. I kissed her once, finally realizing what she was to me. Then I replaced the sheet and left the tent. Walking into the light I saw two figures on a horse coming towards me. Arrenal and Legolas. I smiled through the tears that I hadn't realized were coming down my face. Legolas jumped at me from the horse and j caught him.

"Ada" He yelled. I hugged him. The only person I still have who I love. Arrenal caught sight of my face and gave me a questioning look. I nodded and she opened her mouth shocked. I jerked my head towards the tent and she set off in a run for it.

"Where's Siva?" He asked pronouncing it without the sh. I set him down and touched the ring. He looked up expectantly.

"She's..." I stopped. The ring, the ring of Mordor. Her ring was it still there? I scooped up Legolas and set off in a run in the direction where Elrond had gone. She may not be dead. The cold king retreated.

I did say to wait until after the battle. I just tormented myself so much. I was truly considering killed Shiva. And she still could be dead. You'll just have to read the next chapter to see. Vote, comment, Thanks for Reading!xD