One

The alarm clock beeps echoed throughout the house, to be quickly silenced by an awakening fist. Shakily Jordan sat up in bed, still sore from last night's beating. He stood up and walked over to the bathroom.

Staring at himself in the mirror he sighed. At a quick glance you could see his bruises but you couldn't see them in detail.

He cursed under his breath and applied concealer to his face. "I'm a 17 year old guy. I shouldn't have to deal with this." He whispered harshly to himself. He knew no matter what he said, he would always be afraid.

Slipping into jeans and his tye-dye Mod Sun hoodie, Jordan prepared for the worst. He laced his shoes and gripped the door handle of his room. Taking a deep breath he opened the door and tip-toed down the hall and stairs.

There was no way he could eat breakfast. Too much noise. He silently entered the living room to see his father passed out on the couch with his mom on the floor. "Shocker." He hissed under his breath.

He carefully opened the front door only opening it so he could barley get through. Throwing his backpack over his shoulder and getting on his penny board, he started his ride to school.

He arrived to school, late like usual, and braced himself for what the front doors kept contained. Placing a hand on the door handle he sighed. "Time for hell, version two." He mumbled to himself. Opening the door and quickly getting to his locker, he kept his head down.

Twisting the combination to his locker Jordan heard the footsteps of his tormentors, Brayden, Mitch, Mitchell, and Ryan. "Hey Jordan!" One yelled, "How are you, prick?"

Jordan closed his eyes, "Fine, Brayden." The four boys laughed,

"You look terrible today!" Mitchell yelled, "Yeah! You do!" Mitch yelled in agreement. Ryan just stood back and laughed. Jordan and Mitchell used to be friends, until the trio showed up.

The four walked towards him and started attacking. A punch to the eye, a kick to the stomach. For the 10 minutes that felt like hours they continued to beat him up. He felt the blood soak through his shirt, and finally they stopped.

"See ya later Jordan!" They yelled and left him on the floor.

He suddenly heard a British accent from behind him, "Are you Jordan Bayani?" It asked. Jordan nodded and gasped in pain as he sat up.

"Yeah? Who's asking?" He grumbled. The tall, skinny boy's mouth fell open at the sight of Jordan's shirt.

"I'm Will. I'm new here."