Twenty Six

"Why can't we ever have a nice date?" Jordan asked as he held his face. "For real, this is getting annoying. I would like to have one date go right.

But it seems that every time we try and do something nice I end up in the hospital." He voice was lined with frustration, but Will kept his eyes on the road.

Will furrowed his eyebrows in anger, then quickly his expression was replaced with sadness. "I'm sorry, Jor." He said quietly as he pulled onto the street the hospital was on.

Jordan shook his head, "it's not your fault, Will." He sighed and unbuckled his seatbelt as they pulled into the parking lot, "it's my family's."

Will nodded and parked the car. "Ready?" Jordan rolled his eyes, "I fucking hate hospitals." Jordan mumbled as he got out of the car.

"Be a good kitty, Patrick." He said as he shut the door.

"This is bullshit." Jordan growled as they entered the building. They got to the front desk and they were greeted with a familiar face.

"Hello, Linda." Jordan sighed. Will took Jordan's hand in his own. Linda's eyes widened and she shook her head as if she couldn't believe who was in front of her.

"Jordan?" She asked in disbelief, "Why are you back?" Jordan shifted uncomfortably on his feet. Will gavel is hand a squeeze before he answered.

"Oh, you know," he swallowed hard, "fell down at practice." He said removing his hand from his wound and scratching the back of his neck.

Linda shot out of her chair at the sight of the reopened gash on his face. "Jordan!" She exclaimed, "There is NO way that happened from falling down!"

She reached out to touch it and Jordan cried out on pain. "Jordan. You better tell me what the hell happened before I ask Mr. Skyscraper over there." She demanded as she pointed to Will.

Jordan rolled his eyes, "I told you. I fell at pra-" Linda cut him off. "Stop right there." She said.

"Okay, Mr. Skyscraper." She started, Will wasn't paying attention. He was looking at the patients. Linda snapped her fingers, "Hey! Mr. Six Feet Tall!" She yelled and waved a hand in front of his face.

Will turned back around, "Me?" He asked. Linda nodded, "What happened to Jordan?" She asked.

Will tilted his head to the side, "He told you. He fell." Linda scoffed, "No. What happened for real, you confused Brit."

Will blinked and didn't know what to do. "Um well. You see. Okay, right. We were at the beach with our new cat. Or well, Jordan's new cat, Patrick. Cute cat." Linda clapped her hands,

"Stop rambling! What happened!" She yelled. Will was taken aback, "Uh, like five minutes after getting there, his dad and a few friends showed up and tried taking him. His dad back handed him and yeah." Will said quickly.

Linda gasped, "I knew it!" She turned to Jordan, "you should never hide abuse." Jordan shrugged.

"I've been doing it for seventeen years. Why stop now?" He mumbled. Linda rolled her eyes, "I'll get the doctor to stitch you up."

"Right now?" Will asked, Linda nodded. "Oh, yes! He can't just leave it open!" She yelled.

Jordan rolled his eyes, "I've done it before." He said but only Will heard it.

"The doctor should be out in ten minutes." Linda said as she put down the phone. Will nodded and looked down at Jordan, "Are you excited?"

Jordan raised an eyebrow, "why the hell would I be excited?"

Will laughed, "I was kidding! But you should get mentally ready to get stitched because the doctor is on his way."

"Fantastic." Jordan grumbled.