Four

The boys walked in silence. Every once in a while Jordan would step wrong on his leg and cry out in pain. Even though it happened a lot, Will panicked every time he did.

When they arrived at Will's house Jordan noticed that it was only about a block from his house. They entered the house and Jordan quickly began to take his shoes off. If he didn't his father was sure to- he saw Will kept his on and he realised that no one would hurt him here.

"Mum! Dad!" Will called out, "I have someone I'd like you to meet!" Footsteps were heard before a sweet sounding British accent rang throughout the house.

"In the kitchen Will!" Jordan assumed that was his mother. Will headed towards the kitchen as Jordan followed slowly.

"Mum, Dad, this is Jordan. My friend." Will said happily. Jordan smiled weakly and waved.

"Hello Mr and Mrs King. I'm Jordan." He plastered a fake smile across his face and tried to hide the blood on his shirt.

"Oh please, call me Mike. This is my wife Amy." Mr. King said. Jordan nodded, "Will you be staying for dinner?" He asked.

Jordan quickly shook his head, "No! I mean, no, I can't. My dad will be expecting me." He stammered, trying to find words that didn't make it seem suspicious. Mike and Amy nodded.

"Maybe next time!" She said happily. Will cleared his throat.

"Guys, we're going to go upstairs okay?" He said quickly. He grabbed Jordan's wrist and dragged him up the stairs. Jordan clenched his teeth from the pain.

His wrist was dropped when they stopped outside of a red door. "This," he said opening his door, "is my room." He smiled gesturing to a messy room looking similar to his own.

"Nice room." Jordan stated as he looked at the walls. They were a nice blue with photographs and paintings. "Did you paint those?" He asked. Will nodded,

"Yeah, I draw a bit too." Will said. Jordan noticed a small painting a hand in the peace sign formation, with the words 'good vibes' and other symbols. It had a tye-dye spiral as a background. He pointed to it, "I like that one."

Unexpectedly, Will took it down and handed it to Jordan. "Take it." He smiled. Jordan began to protest, "Seriously, Jordan, just take it." Jordan accepted defeat and took the painting.

"Thank you." Just as the words escaped his lips his phone rang. Reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone, "Dad" flashed across the screen. "Shit." He mumbled. He pressed accept, "Hey dad." The rest of the conversation was a mix of "I'm sorry" and screaming.

Jordan sighed and hung up the phone. "I have to go, I'm sorry." Will nodded and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, what are you doing tomorrow? I need to fake going to school." Jordan asked.

Will smiled, "I'll be here waiting." Jordan smiled a genuine smile before heading downstairs. Will trailed behind thinking about what his dad was going to do to him.

"Thank you so much for having me." Jordan said before opening the door.

"No problem dear! We hope to see you soon!" Amy called back. Jordan flashes a smile in Will's direction and shut the door behind him, painting in hand.

"See you later, my hazel eyed broken boy." Will whispered before retreating to his bedroom.