Thirteen

The boys got home and ran inside. "Mum!" Will yelled, silence. He sighed, "MUM!" He screamed again. A thud was heard from upstairs,

"Coming!!" Amy yelled as she ran down the stairs. "Who's hurt?" She questioned when she reached the last step.

"No one, but I need you to do something for me." Will spoke quickly, "I need you to figure out a way where we can keep Jordan here. Like adopt him but not. Just someway to keep him away from his parents."

Amy thought for a moment. She glanced over at Jordan and Sam who were curled up on the couch sleeping.

She sighed, "Why can't we adopt him?" She asked. Will shifted on his feet. Well he was going to have to tell her eventually.

"Um, well. Mum, if you adopt him, that would make him my brother yeah?" He asked, she nodded, "And if he was my brother if we dated that would be kind of illegal.. You know.. Incest." He said quietly.

"Honey? What are you saying?" Will took a deep breath.

"Jordan and I are dating, mum." Amy broke into a smile.

"Aw! That's so cute!! But I mean based on the circumstances I don't think it's illegal, because we're doing this to save his life and not for him to be your sibling." She said chewing her lip.

"Wait, why can't he just leave?" Amy asked. Will rolled his eyes.

"He's only sixteen, mum." Will responded.

"Oh my!" She yelled, "Well I know someone who's a lawyer, so I can talk to her."

"Well, then let's adopt Jordan! If he wants to I mean." Will said happily.

"Yes." Jordan mumbled from the couch, "Anything that doesn't make me go back there." He sat up.

"Oh and by the way, Amy. This is Sam!" He said holding up his pitch black cat. Amy gasped at the sight of a cat.

"He's so cute!" She yelled, "excuse me, I have to go get paper work for you!"

"Alright! Thank you so much Amy!" Jordan jumped up from the couch and engulfed Amy in a hug.

"No problem, dear." She smiled and walked away to call her friend.

As soon as she left the room there was a knock at the door. Will opened it, "Hello?" He asked.

On the other side of the door stood the police. "Is Jordan Bayani here?" He demanded.

"Who wants to know?" Will said sternly. The policeman glared at him.

"Look, I know you're not from around here. But you shouldn't talk to a police officer that way, boy. Now where is he?" He growled.

Jordan emerged from the living room, "I'm right here. Why?" The man pushed Will out of the way and grabbed him.

"You're coming with us." He said angrily. Jordan immediately began kicking and screaming.

"NO!" He yelled, "I CAN'T GO BACK! I'LL DIE THERE! HE'S GOING TO KILL ME! WILL!" Jordan screamed as tears ran down his face.

"WILL PLEASE HELP ME!" He continued screaming. The man kept pulling him back.

"Let's go!" He bellowed, "You're going to be fine!" Will tried to grab Jordan but it was no use. The man was too strong.

"WILL!" He screamed in between sobs.

"JORDAN!" He screamed as he was thrown to the floor. "PLEASE! YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM!" Will cried.

The door slammed shut and he was gone. Jordan was gone. "You can't take him." He sobbed into the carpet.

Will curled up on the floor sobbing. Sam walked over meowing at him. As if asking "Where's Jordan?" As Sam continued to paw at Will, he carried on sobbing.

"Please." He sobbed, "you can't take him away from me."

Eventually Sam stopped and accepted that he wasn't there. He laid down next to Will and waited for Jordan to come back.