Sixteen

The ride to the hospital was terrifying but quickly became awkward when Amy asked, "Why weren't you boys in school today?"

Will being the poster child he is, began to panic. Jordan on the other hand was skilled in the art of deception and lying.

Will sent Jordan a look that said 'Say something quick before I spill.' He nodded and began to form the alibi the depended on.

"Well, Amy. You see the other day because Will was new, and I did a great job showing him around th-" Will cut Jordan off.

He couldn't hold it in any longer, "WE GOT SUSPENDED!" He exclaimed. Amy glanced in her rear view mirror with shock written across her face.

"How did that happen?" She asked quietly as the radio softly played behind the voices.

"We wouldn't leave the hallway." Jordan stated simply. Amy raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Jordan laughed but quickly stopped due to the broken ribs his body possessed.

"Some guys in our math class were being d-bags to me so I ran out. Will ran after me and when a teacher told us to go back to class we refused. I was hysterical and pissed off." Jordan said quickly.

Will took a deep breath, "And when Jordan challenged him, he gave him two weeks of suspension. I don't know anyone else so I took it too. Sorry." He finished in a whisper.

Amy nodded and turned into the parking lot. "It's okay, boys." She said and pulled into a parking spot. "You did the right thing. I'm not mad." Amy turned off the radio and cut the engine.

The group exited the car and made their way to the doors. Will grabbed Jordan's hand and intertwined their fingers as they walked.

Will leaned down to make his lips level with Jordan's ear. "You're going to be okay." Will whispered in his ear.

Jordan began to swing their hands gently to the rhythm of their footsteps. Amy was the first to reach the revolving doors.

"Here goes nothing!" She said with hopeful enthusiasm as she gripped the handle of the door.

"Sure." Jordan mumbled in disgust. He could smell the hospital smell and it made him nauseous. If he didn't throw up while they were here it would be a miracle.

They got inside and went up to the desk, "Hi, my son needs to see a doctor. He has broken ribs and a lot of open wounds across his torso, front and back, as well as a deep cut on his cheek." She explained.

The elderly lady behind the dinosaur aged computer looked over the frames of her glasses. She glanced at Jordan and Will and smiled.

The boys smiled back, "Alright, I will need you to fill out this paperwork."

"Also I need a name and rate of importance." She said while typing away on her keyboard.

"Uh, Jordan King. And I'd say severe importance, he has broken ribs that may be causing more damage." Amy spoke firmly.

The lady handed Amy a clipboard and a pen with the hospital's name on it in bold lettering. Once the papers were done printing they were stapled together.

The women handed Amy a packet of what looked like at least three double-sided pages of paperwork. "Just fill out these papers and bring them back up to me when you're done."

The women smiled warmly as Amy combed hair out of her face. Amy nodded, "Thank you."

Amy walked over to the seating area followed by Will with Jordan bringing up the rear.

"Say," she called out, "How'd this happen?" She asked. Jordan bit his cheek.

"Uh. I play lacrosse." He stated.