Five

Jordan made his walk home in fear. How could he have been so stupid? Why didn't he check the time! He kicked a rock before turning to face his porch.

"Here goes nothing." He whispered to himself before making his way up the old wooden steps. He opened the front door and it was like time froze. Before he could react his father's fist connected with the side of his face.

"THIS WILL TEACH YOU TO BE LATE!" He bellowed when he punched Jordan in the stomach. When he doubled over in pain his father just kept kicking him. His wounds from earlier reopened as blood pored on to the shag carpet. With every kick or punch came another insult.

Jordan soon became numb to the beating. He laid there in a ball with tears cascading down his face. After a few hours his father got bored and went off to smoke something or drink.

Slowly Jordan picked himself up off the floor and pulled the painting out of his bag. On the back was Will's phone number. Jordan entered it into his phone before sending him a text.

J- hey Will.
W- JORDAN! ARE YOU OKAY!
J- honestly? No.
W- what happened?

Jordan sighed, should he tell him? They only met this morning but he felt like he could trust Will.
J- meet me at the school in 5
W- okay xx

Jordan got to the school before Will so he sat at a table and waited. Soon a skinny boy could be seen sprinting down the road. Will flew over to The table he was seated at.

"JORDAN! OH MY GOD!" Will yelled, "I WAS SO WORRIED! WHAT HAPPENED" He said nothing. Jordan pulled up his shirt to reveal his wounds. Will gasped and put a hand over his mouth.

"Jordan," he whispered, "Did your dad do this?" Jordan closed his eyes and letter tears fall. His only response was a nod. Will started to cry as well. "How long?" He asked.

"My entire life." Jordan replied softly through tears. Will pulled him into a hug. Jordan gladly hugged back, he needed someone to hold him and tell him everything was going to be okay.

He didn't know why but he felt safe around Will. "It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay. I promise."