epilogue

Draco's pov
.......................

I sit on the edge of the astromny tower at hogwarts with my elbows on my knees and my feet dangling over the edge. I feel empty, hollow like someone has scraped out all of my insides. She's gone. She isn't here anymore. She's gone.

It's so hard for me to comprehend that I will never be able to hold her again. I will never be able to touch her again. I will never be able to hear her smart ass remarks again.

Her face is engraved into the back of my eyelids, I can't close my eyes without seeing her bright smile, dark green eyes and her long hair thrown over her shoulder. Then the permanent weight on my chest reminds me she is no longer here anymore.

She sacrificed her life for people at this school that didn't give two shits about her. The bad thing is in the end she was precived as the villain and potter got  labeled as a hero. She could have went through with her task and let the death eaters into the school, but she didn't.

Potter got all the credit for saving Hogwarts when in reality if it wasn't for opheila this school would have been destroyed along with many of the students in it long before potter had a chance to save it.

I have nothing to live for. After opheila's death I completely lost it. I didn't choose a side. I didn't stand for the dark side or side with the students at hogwarts. I disappeared went off into a cabin out in the middle of no where and sulked in self pitty.

I haven't seen Blaise and theo since her funeral. I have no clue where they have gone off to or what they are doing now. I stand to my feet holding onto the rails behind me. My feet are planted in the same spot her's were the day I found her up here ready to jump. I remember seeing her hair blow in the wind and the way her heavy breathing sounded when I pulled her over the edge of this railing.

I turn to face the spot where I stood the day I almost took the life of the head master, griping the railing. I feel my grip loosen as I think about her soft lips on mine and the way her eyes glowed in the sun. My fingers slip from the railing, my feet lift off the edge of the concrete. I'm falling towards the ground and the only thing I can think is  I'm finally going to be able to see her again.

See you soon O.