Bethany Part 2.

Floating in darkness my mind shuddered, freezing. Why was it so cold? I wondered looking around. I couldn't see or hear anything...it was black as far as the eye could see and not a sound in this void of darkness. Even my body seemed to be floating in this place but some how I also felt completely pined down. Every movement was a struggle and trying to walk through this...this tar was impossible. Or maybe it wasn't and I was moving? Either way nothing changed. Scared I huddled into a ball my body feeling like an ice crystal on the edge of a roof top. One movement...one vibration and I would plunge even further into the darkness and shatter.

After what seemed like eternity of nothingness my body started to warm. Slowly at first but gadually faster, at the same time a small ball of light started to grow and shine in my personal void. Like the sun finally breaking through clouds of ash. It felt so warm. my soul felt like it was being drenched in heat.

Then seemingly out of know where I started hearing a steady beep, beep, beep, and lots of chatter around me. So many voices....and I could hear each individually. Some familiar, some strangers, until suddenly they all went quiet as a...man? Came in? I listened harder. Male...6 foo- no...6'2"...size 11 men's...all legs and elbows...--

"I have the results Dr. Serafina."

Came a strangely deep voice from the man, interrupting my oddly remarkable sudden sense of hearing. Even more strange I...felt him? I literally felt his body move closer. Come to think of it I could feel the heat coming from every person in the room...Amazing! My mother's voice drew me from my revelry.

"How bad is it Charles?"

Worry layered her voice.

"I don't know Sera," Came the reply "The thing is...when she came in and she was still breathing? Her body temperature was 70°F."

A0 gasp came from everyone in the room and questions started coming left and right. "how is she alive? Shouldn't she be dead? What could've caused that?! Does she have a disease?"

My father's voice cut through. "ENOUGH! Everyone out! You too Estabon. Even you Francesca. you can come visit her latter, your brother will take you home...and you go straight to bed missy"

This was followed by a couple moans and complaints by my little hermana. Once everyone was gone my parents and 'Charles' started talking in hushed voices outside my room so I could only catch every second sentence, with a few words in between " What's her temperature now? Could this be because of our research? What is happening to her? -some-----creature- Never be the same? ---this will be--------her. Thank you Charles...--when she wakes--"

The conversation ended leaving me befuddled as mom and dad came back in. I then tried to open my eyes barely succeeding, but got the shock of my life when I did. All I saw where shapes and colors...terrified I found my voice and spoke a wispy sound coming out.

"m-mom? Dad? I...I can't see right are you there?"

A sharp needle pierced my skin making my flinch and I felt my Father come closer.

"we're here my dear. It's alright your vision will clear up shortly."

Sure enough two minutes later my vision started clearing and I saw for sure that I was in a hospital wait no, not just a hospital I was in moms lab room? I shook my head confused and looked at my dad.

"What happened why am I at moms lab?"

Her father sighed he had hoped that she would wait to ask that question, that much Beth could now see. She also saw that deep in his eyes was reflected almost a great sadness. He cleared his throat.

"Well now my Annamaria...we cannot be certain what happened but," He paused quickly making up a story as to not tell her the truth, "Your sudden out burst of anger caused...a...blood vasal to burst in your brain sending you into a comma for two weeks."

Bethany frowned not buying it.

"if it is only a broken blood vasal...then why am I here at moms lab?

These last two chapters is another book I'm thinking about writing but I'm not sure how to start it. So this was the first starting idea. please tell me what you think! thank you!