Training

"AGAIN!"

The icy voice of the training master boomed across the practice room.

" Feet apart! Legs bent! Keep your eyes on your enemy! Don't let up your guard! FOCUS VANELIPY!"

He shouted at the girl across from him sparing with a male student.

She growled and launched herself forward slicing her dagger with the ease of years of practice.

It was a deadly dance of metal vs flesh. The smell of iron and sweat permeated the air. The girl named Vanelipy struck hard and fast, a blur in her purple cat suit. The other opponent held his ground well for a while but was quickly driven back by the speed and ferocity of her attacks, sustaining more then his fair share of injuries as he did.

Within ten minutes the boy was defeated with a sword pressed to his chest as he lay on the floor fighting for breath. "ENOUGH!" The sensei ordered sharply.

Vanelipy immediately straightened, sheathed her sword, and gave the man a respectful bow.

"Clinton. Go to the healing room. Vanelipy, you will now fight me."

The boy then ran off as fast as he could being wounded as the sensei stepped out ice surrounding his hands. He walked slowly to the center of the training dojo reading a sword of thick ice as Vanelipy bowed in respect and ancient greeting. "Hajime!" he growled and she launched at him swiftly, aiming for his footwork to try and get him off balance.

He quickly evaded and retaliated. Launching attack after attack not giving her a second in between.

It was all she could do just to lift her Chokutō to block her skin from his ice-blade. Sweat drenched her hair within minuets , her arms growing heavy like lead. As she got more and more tired her ability to block dwindled leaving her with cuts across her body.

After ten minuets of torcher he stepped back and called out "Tariru!" through her pain she immediately stopped and sheathed her blade. Kneeling in defeat. "Hai sensei."

He walked over to her slowly, putting the tip of his sword to her neck to make her look up.

Vanelipy's eyes met his as he stared into her soul. His eyes cold as ice, he released her and with a hard voice spoke to her. " You are ready....Follow." he ordered spinning around and walking away leaving her to scramble up and chase after him.

He led her down the hallway and outside. After walking for quite some time they came to a grand stone staircase that lead up to the top of the mountain where the Queen resided. Vanelipy paused in shock, for hardly anyone was ever allowed up to see her mother. Not even herself. The only times she would ever see her was when the Queen would come down for a visit. Making the three day trip once a month. Most the time Vanelipy wouldn't even see her then being as she was too caught up with her duties and training that Tundra gave her. He stopped at the beginning of the stairs and looked at her intently.

" Your mother is waiting for you in her palace. You would do well not to keep her waiting." he told her then turned away to walk off. Vanelipy looked bewildered. "wait! Sensei. Don't I need supplies to go up the mountain?"