12- MTF Ladies Room

Copyright © designschool 2021

All Rights Reserved

     By the end of the week Gia was looking forward to hanging out with Evie and some of her friends. They were meeting Gia for dinner at the Irish pub, then spending time around the square tonight. Gia said her goodbyes to Stephen and Allison, before leaving, and within minutes was at a table with Evie, Cameron, Mike, Katie, and Erika. It was the same group of Evie's summer school coworkers they had gone out with before. Cameron always tried to hit on her, but she hoped he'd finally gotten the idea. Gia knew he wasn't her type, and with all of her issues, it wasn't worth pretending otherwise. Unfortunately, Cameron grabbed the seat right next to Gia.

     "-so, the boys are rolling around in the mud in the rain! Can you believe it? Fifth graders! It was hard to get them to stop, I had to jump right in with them, before they even acknowledged me!" Katie was telling one of her stories of working with elementary school students, and Gia's mind began to drift.

     "Nick!" That one word from Evie's mouth grabbed Gia's attention, and she turned to her friend who was looking just behind Gia. "You guys should join us! We can pull up that little table there." Evie pointed to a nearby table.

     Gia turned and saw Mr. Bellanti and his friend Heath standing there. Mr. Bellanti looked unsure as he turned his gaze to Gia.

     Grinning, she nodded. "Come join us!"

     Soon, the story of Heath's birthday party and more specifically, Nick and Gia's ruse, was being recounted like it was some sort of glorious tale. The whole table was in stitches. It turned out, Heath's wife, Sabrina, was not the only one with a flare for the dramatic. To hear Heath tell it, they'd practically ended up married by the end of the night. Gia caught Mr. Bellanti watching her, and there was a glint of mirth in his eyes. However, she was quickly brought down to earth as Cameron touched her arm for the nth time.

     When they were done with their food, and it was clear no one was leaving, Gia jumped up. "Just heading to the ladies room," she whispered to Evie, but unfortunately Cameron heard.

     "I'll go with you," Cameron offered and stood.

     "To the ladies room?" Gia raised a brow and silently wished for him to sit back down but he followed her anyway.

     Exiting the bathroom, Cameron cornered her. "So, when are you going to go on a date with me, Gia?"

     She nervously giggled, and glanced around, beginning to panic when she noticed no one was around.

     "What do you say?" he continued, as he backed her against the wall and placed a hand on the wall next to her face on one side, then his other hand on her waist.

     Gia froze and tuned her face away from Cameron, when she caught a glimpse of someone walking by.

     "Cameron, right? You can leave now. I'll take care of Gia."

     "Hey man, we're good. I'm just asking her out. After all, what you had was fake right?" He winked at Nick. "Just give us a minute... or two. Right, babe?"

     Gia's eyes grew wide. She was so embarrassed. Cameron hadn't exactly done anything wrong, but she felt her heart begin to race and a panic attack coming on. If she pushed past Cameron, she might end up walking for the next half hour until she was lost somewhere in the city, at night no less. Before she could register what was happening, Mr. Bellanti had a hand on Cameron's shoulder and was pulling him backwards.

     "It's important that I speak to Gia right now," he spoke firmly. "If you'll please excuse us?"

     When Cameron finally walked away, Gia's hand flew to her chest and she began to breathe again. "Thank you. I'm sorry you had to see that. You must think I'm crazy by now with this and the episode in your office." Would the embarrassment ever stop?