VII

Lisa lazily threw her bag at the couch, she wasn't able to sleep properly and had decided to just come early at the office. She didn't tried to call Tiffany, not on her birthday at least and sound like she was begging for her company. After all, Lisa had some decency.

Suddenly, the telephone on the Supervisor's desk ring, Lisa with bored steps answered it without hesitation, not caring if who it was calling.

"What." Lisa asked monotonely.

"Good morning, Ms. Manoban. I just called to tell you that I won't be able to come for work today. In case that there are important matters that need my prompt response please tell them that I will try my best to check it through email." Irene's voice sounded like she was sick, in which she was, apparently.

"You're sick." Lisa pointed out.

"Kind of, it's nothing serious though." Irene replied.

"Okay, I will tell them." Lisa said, ready to hang up.

"Oh, well, uhm, what are you doing right now?" Irene asked.

"Talking to you." Lisa said dryly.

"What else?" Irene asked curiously.

"You're not trying to have SOP, right?" Lisa asked bored.

"Huh? No, no, uhm, okay, I'll take care of myself and will try to get well as soon as I can." Irene said.

"I need your log out time to-" Irene was cut off.

"Okay, do as you please. Bye." Lisa said hanging up.

Meanwhile, Irene was surprised, like she always does when it comes to Lisa. Not even a single take care.

Lisa went back at her seat, opening text books to study. Her friends agreed that they should celebrate her birthday in this coming weekend since not all of them were allowed to take a leave on their internship.

Lisa's father left a voice mail earlier this morning and she only replied with a short thanks, dad. Lisa sighed, not expecting to be alone and lonely on her birthday. Not really in the mood to study nor do an intern tasks, Lisa finds herself watching zombie series on Netflix. And the academic book? It was tossed on the floor.

"Ms. Bae, hello? This is Mr. Manoban." Irene straightened her posture when she heard who was the caller.

"Hello CEO, what can I do for you?" Irene asked.

"I called because- I can't book a cake delivery and my assistant can't also find the flavor that my daughter wants. I, can you book it for me and get it deliver at your office? The schedule here is kind of tight and I can't afford to gave my daughter a cake so late this day." the CEO asked.

"It's her birthday today." he added.

"and I'm on a meeting overseas, without her side, this is the least I can do for my daughter but I can't even book a delivery. I'll transfer you the money and a little payment for the hassle." the CEO said with a bitter chuckle.

"Sir, that won't be a problem. I'll do it. I didn't know it was her birthday today, she never told me." Irene said.

"She doesn't really likes to talk about it, so I understand."

"Anyway, she likes mango cake with dark chocolate drizzles and real mango as toppings." He said, sounding like he was trying his best to remember. Irene cringe at the memory yesterday at the orphanage. It was almost the same cake that she tried to bake yesterday.

"Can you do it for me? can you also take a picture of her with a cake? I mean not that I don't trust you but I want to see my daughter with her birthday cake." The CEO said.