XXII

"Lisa, I'm in front of your house." Irene left a voice message since Lisa wasn't able to answer her calls. The Supervisor can't help but to get worried.

After a minute or two, the huge gate swung open and it was Lisa. Irene assumed that there's no any maids around tonight. Irene scrutinized Lisa from a safe distance, looking for a wounds, abrasions or any sign that might seem like she was hurt physically. To her surprise, the hurt was all over on Lisa's eyes.

"What happened?" Irene asked.

"Just want to make things up with you, Supervisor. I'll admit that I was immature and rude." Lisa said, while fixing her robe that covers her body with her favorite lingerie beneath.

There's no point of running on circles.

"I thought, asking you for a dinner would be nice since we'll have time to talk." Lisa added. She lead the way at the living room. The place was dark but still enough for them to see, with limited lights on.

"I'm full Lisa. I just had a dinner out with one of my friends. Still, we can talk about what's bothering you. It must be so important for you to text me to come over with such urgency." Irene said sincerely.

"I will go directly to the point so you can go home as soon as possible."

"Can you please not avoid me, Supervisor? I know it's been or less than two weeks but it's really fucking my head."

"It's not healthy for me that you are away from me." Lisa sighed in confusion. Irene gawked at her. Lisa immediately cleared her throat.

"Aish, see? I don't know what I'm talking about." Lisa wave her hand as a nonchalant gesture.

"Just give me some time, Lisa." Irene sighed in distress. She had to make Lisa understand that it's not only about her.

"I have feelings for you, and it's not easy to move on if I get to see your pretty face everyday. It's difficult to act like nothing happened too. I like you so much that I fell inlove with you this fast." Irene took the single couch.

"It's not only about what you feel. How about me Lisa? Did you ever think how I am after finding out that you were back with your ex? You didn't even tell me. I get it. It wasn't your obligation. However, you made me feel like you like me too, even a little! I'm insane, I know. Maybe I was assuming things but I could feel it! I'm not that naïve!"

"Me? Got back with my ex? No! We haven't spoken to each other for a long time." Lisa said. She started to realized that Irene had assumed that her ex might be Jisoo. She didn't even bother to correct Irene further.

"Jisoo? The one at your office? It was an accident. We have a thing but it's all in the past now." Lisa explained.

Irene's face lit up but it didn't last long.

"Jisoo wasn't your ex?"

"No." Lisa shook her head.

"But you did have a thing together?" Irene asked to clarify.

Lisa gulped in her position. She sighed heavily before nodding her head. What's the point of this confrontation?

"It doesn't matter. It's in the past now. Just like what I've said earlier."

"Fine." Irene swallowed her saliva with difficulty.

"See? Don't avoid me. You just misunderstood what Jisoo and I are right now." Lisa said.

"I can't. It just means that I have more competition to you. There's Jisoo. There's your ex. I can't be friend with you while my feelings are all over the place and I don't even stand a chance." Irene said firmly.