II

Irene was enjoying the morning breeze from Wendy's car. She forced her twin to give her a ride on her first day of work. The smile in her face was so bright that it made Wendy smile as well, it was contagious.

Without noticing the landmarks, Irene was surprised when Wendy slowed down, indicating they are near at the drop off point.

"Good luck, I don't really understand on why the heck I should sent you. You have your own car." Wendy said maneuvering her way towards the spot where she will drop off her twin.

"It's like the old days, first day at anything is important and I'd like to share it to all people important to me." Irene replied sincerely.

"Yah, by disturbing me, right?" Wendy asked jokingly.

"Aish, you're always mean." Irene rolled her eyes, punching lightly Wendy's shoulders. She got out of her twin's car with a pout.

"Kidding twinny, here, I bought you something nice." Wendy said, handing Irene a paper bag.

"What's this?"

"Snacks, some slice of cakes and coffee bullets that you may like." Wendy said smiling. She may not be vocal as Irene but she will support her twin sister at everything that will makes her happy.

"That's sweet." Irene said giggling, kissing her sister's cheeks.

"Eww, I gotta go. I need to sleep again, thanks for bugging me, hmkay. Good luck again! Call me when there's something wrong." Wendy said and she wave her hand goodbye.

Irene smiled, loving how her twin takes care of her.

She turned her back, the high rise building made her neck painful by looking up. Nonetheless, the feeling of excitement took over body.

I hope everyone is nice.

"You're there, Ms. Bae, good to see you." Irene quickly recognized the young lady standing near the reception. The HR officer who was assigned for her initial interview.

"I'll talk to you later." Yeri said to the receptionist and she walked towards Irene.

"Hi Ms. Kim." Irene bowed her head.

"Yeri is okay, Ms. Bae. You're looking good." Yeri said as they started to walk towards the elevator.

"You look good as well." Irene complimented her back.

"I'll introduce you to everyone and after that, we'll meet the CEO. He personally asked you." Yeri said, hinting Irene that it's not a usual occurrence for newbies so she had to be decent and proper. Yeri pressed the 18th floor button.

"I'll tour you. Don't worry." Yeri said when she noticed that Irene became uneasy.

"Thanks, that would be a great help." Irene replied smiling warmly.

"You really look beautiful, I wonder how many flowers and chocolates you'll receive everyday at your desk, I mean if you won't lock your office." Yeri said, starting a friendly conversation.

"Oh, uhm, thank you for the compliment." Irene replied stuttering, caught off guard at the compliments.

"Men here are hopeless romantic. If ever someone pester you and is becoming too much, don't hesitate to raise a concern on our department. Okay? We will take an action. After all, what we want is a friendly and safe environment for everyone." Yeri said.

Irene nodded, feeling safe. 

"I'm looking forward to blend with everyone." Just right after Irene said it, the elevator opened.