XXIV

Lisa felt a tap on her shoulder. Irene was joining her for lunch, forcibly. She heaved a sigh before facing the Supervisor.

"You can't really leave me alone?" Lisa asked, as she turn her back while sucking her lemon candy.

"Nope. I always want to see you." Irene winked.

"Hmmm. I want your yogurt then."

"Not a problem. Here, catch it." Irene tossed the sealed yogurt and Lisa caught it in a one swift move.

"My food tasted bland. Where the heck did they got this?" Lisa asked after having a hard time swallowing her food. She was referring to their maids.

"Want to have some of mine?" Irene offered.

"Yes please. I don't want to starve." Lisa rolled her eyes dramatically.

Irene giggled at the sight.

"You're no longer an intern. What plans do you have?" Irene started to munch on her dumpling. Lisa had graduated few months ago and they held a simple celebration. Lisa was still terrorizing the Supervisor for not giving her a graduation gift.

"Yah, and where's my gift, you have asked me before, right? Our company gives you enough salary and incentives to buy a simple gift. You're not that thoughtful, aren't you?" Lisa teased the Supervisor.

"I've got bills to pay. Besides, we are not dating. Try to date me then you'll see what I can offer." Irene said innocently. Lisa cleared her throat and changed the topic.

"I'll probably start working here as well. I need to familiarize how our business works."

"Do you actually want that?"

"No. If given a chance I'd like to live a simplier life but I like expensive things so- ah kidding, it's not plausible. Simple life my ass when I just checked out a designer bag. Anyway, I really had to, I don't want my father to give up his place to someone who isn't me." Lisa said and Irene can't help but to laugh at her honesty.

"You could have people that will help you, people you really trust and then you can have time to do something you actually like. I know you can balance." Irene encouraged her.

"Oh trust me, I know that I can balance and I used it for wrong reason." Lisa pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Moreover, I just hope that, in a way, at some point- the time will come that I'll eventually love that." Lisa said slowly.

"I know you will. It's true that you can't teach your heart to love someon- something but if given a chance to know how it would feel and decided for yourself that's the feeling you've been craving for, it will gradually happen. No force used to it, it's all that just the natural law of attraction thingy." Irene blushed.

"I know that as well." Lisa mumbled.

"Hey, Lis. Happy first day on your job as a official staff and not finally as an intern nor as trainee. Enjoy your first day being employed." Irene greeted Lisa.

"Right, thanks. Don't you owe me a gift?" Lisa joked.

"Graduation day had passed. Where's my presents?" Lisa added.

"I'm not that thoughtful, I guess." Irene shrugged her shoulders.

Lisa can't help but to feel scared whenever the Supervisor will act nonchalant about her. It was as if Irene became fed up with the chasing phase and became tired of it. The occasional flirting felt like Irene was only doing it as a joke and would not actually mean it.

It felt like Irene was soon to cut her ties with Lisa. It was confusing, or it's just what Lisa thought? After all, she became focus with her job and Irene. Maybe unconsciously, she was seeking more attention from the Supervisor.