X

"This certain scenario is different from what we have earlier. This time, it's more business related rather than dealing with people in your team that we've discussed earlier." CL cleared her throat.

Everyone was listening carefully.

"I'm an owner of a business. My product, let's say, the name is product T. Yeah, because and A and B examples are common." CL said and everyone laugh at the lame joke. Old people thingy.

"Product T, it's the product I've started with. A product that brought me millions and put a credibility under my name as a starting businesswoman in her humble beginnings. However, just like most of everything, unfortunately, most people stop patronizing it. Maybe because of external factors, maybe due to changing needs of consumers-"

"Uhm, they find a better alternatives. What else, uhm, okay, it doesn't matter. The point is, product T, already gave it's best to me. It already generated an income that I could possibly gain from marketing it." CL is walking back from the right to left of the podium, to keep everyone's attention to her.

"Yet, I want more. Of course, I want more. I am a known entrepreneur, and if I suddenly stop, If I I do, it would be embarrassing with other stockholders, it would dent my reputation and of course, again, no income will fall in my hands."

"Now, I've discovered product I. It's new, not an opposite of product T but it was an entire different thing if I put it next to the first product."

"Product I, fresh in the eyes of many. Marketing it has huge possibility of bringing me millions, just what I always wanted, for my own sake."

"And I did, it was successful. It worked, it was love by many and it generated an enormous amount of income. However, for some odd reason, the demand for product T went back, a lot of consumers began asking for it again. As an entrepreneur who wanted an authenticity/trademark and innovation at the same time, I want to keep product T and product I."

"The thing is, the raw materials of product T is subject for absolute scarcity, no matter how many units I wanted to produce. It would cost me so much compared before. It would hurt my pocket. Product I is more cost efficent to produce."

"Now, the question is, I'm confused on what should I do with these two products, you are a consultant, I asked for your service, what will you advise me? I want you to write your answers, with larger fonts as much as possible, on that piece of paper on your desk and then group yourself based on it. I'm giving you 5 minutes." CL said before taking a short break.

Irene and Tiffany began writing their answers. The two have thought of it carefully. When they looked up, there are already two groups forming.

"I guess we have a different answers." Tiffany said giggling.

"We have, it's a matter of perspective." Irene said when she confirmed that they have indeed different answer.

The two parted ways for quiet sometime.

"Time's up. I see two groups. Disappointing but okay, I understand that you are newbies in managing position." CL said, eyeing the two groups from the opposite sides of the room.

"You, Miss-"

"Tif-"

"No, the noun name." CL cut her off.

"Mushroom." Tiffany replied shyly.

"Why? Anyway, it's cute." CL asked. Tiffany only smiled at her.

"Why does your group answer is to drop product T, Miss gorgeous?" CL asked as she read the answer, dismissing Tiffany's nick name.

"Uhmm, it's because, change is the only constant in the world. Change always doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. Innovation is needed in order to survive. Being open for innovation is necessary, especially for a product that has lower risk compared to the prior product. As your consultant, I would suggest you to keep the Product I and drop the prior." Tiffany said and Irene clapped her hands that followed by many.