XXIX

"What are you talking about that you can't make it?" Lisa asked annoyed. She was wearing casual clothes. White wide leg pants and a ribbed ribbon pink knitted top.

"I booked us a room and asked them to have it a separate bed." Lisa added. She was currently on the parking lot and she saw Nancy on a flight attendant uniform. A combination of dark and black that accentuates the pearl like color of her skin.

"I'll follow you, I just have to take this one day round trip flight. Someone got sick and I have to cover." Nancy explained.

"You'll just be alone for a day or two. That's not a problem with you, right?" Nancy asked worriedly.

"That stings. Are you telling me that I am a loner?" Lisa joked, not taking any offense from Nancy.

"Silly. I'll make sure I'll catch you there and enjoy our trip." Nancy said in relief.

"Yes, I'll have the best time of my life on the days that you're not yet arriving." Lisa grinned.

"Go on, we will be both late on our respective flights." Nancy said, she squeezed Lisa's shoulder in an encouraging manner.

"Hurry up, Barbie!" Nancy said and Lisa rolled her eyes at the remarks.

"Fine, fine. I'll go at the airport now." Lisa said smiling.

"Nancy." Lisa called the flight attendant.

"Nancy? Do well on your job, okay? I don't make friends with dumb people so don't ruin my chart." Lisa said and Nancy laughed it off.

Lisa watched Nancy walked away from her. Her doe eyes averted on her passport and she made a deep breathe.

"Oh Thailand, please surprise me." Lisa mumbled to herself as she looked at the printed itinerary that Nancy prepared for her. Although she has been there for a few times because of her mother, there are still new things to discover.

"Mr. Manoban? Did I do something wrong? Why are you so eager to kick me out?" Irene asked as she held her luggage. It's the time for her solo trip on Thailand and Irene was excited, despite that, she wonders if why the CEO has such eagerness to watch her leave.

"Of course not. I just want you to be on time with your flight." The CEO said smiling.

"I'll make sure to catch it, please don't worry." She said politely.

"Good to know. Can you please inform my secretary once you get there?" The CEO said before clearing his throat.

"Uhh, yeah. Of course, I will." Irene said, chewing the side of her cheek.

Irene felt a little bit hesitant, the overthinker in her body says there was a reason behind it. Maybe it was the subtle way of the CEO to kick her out, to fire her. Afterall, Irene broke Lisa's heart. And Lisa is the heir of the company she was working for. She must have saw this coming.

"I'll get going now, Ms. Bae. Enjoy." The CEO bid his goodbye and Irene warmly smiled, hiding her thoughts.

"Take care, Mr. Manoban." Irene said before hearing the door lock.

She could have use a leave today but she insist on coming to work before her flight. She needed that distraction.

During, 7am everyday, when her alarm rings, Irene won't fail to call Lisa, and to leave a message first before starting her day. Sometimes, she would spend couple of minutes crying.

I'm sorry, Lisa. I shouldn't have let you go.

That was the consistent content of the message, and it wasn't a copy paste thing because Irene didn't think it was possible into a mobile phone. She types it everytime.