XXX

Lisa lay her back at the leather couch with a whiskey on rocks in her right hand. She puffed her cigarette. She knew she should have quit these two vices to prolong her life but it was too difficult; to get her hands off from liquor and cigarette. Same with her mind that keeps swimming with Irene's thoughts.

"Will she be alright? That bruise on her skin looks so aweful." Lisa asked herself.

"Damn those guys, they should have die."

"I shouldn't have runaway. I should have help her. Geez, why do I always act like a child." Lisa poured herself another whiskey.

"Ahhh! I shouldn't be thinking about her." Lisa whined.

Lisa's debate within herself was interrupted when she heard her phone rang. Her father was calling, in the middle of the night.

"My child." Her father's voice was so deep.

"Is everything alright, dad?" Lisa asked worriedly.

"Can you stop making my employees resign?"

"What are you talking about?" Lisa asked confused.

"Irene submitted her resignation letter in the middle of the night. I'm not going to die because of the company, I'm going to die because of your complicated love life!" Her father scolded her, Lisa place the phone far from her ears.

"Did you- did you plan all of this? Irene being on Thailand and having the room beside me? It's all because of you?" Lisa said in realization.

"Dad! Why would you this! She's even alone! The lady got punched the moment she stepped her foot in here and got accused of being a lady boy!" Lisa whined.

"What? Someone punched her?"

"Yes." Lisa said lowly.

"Tend her. I don't usually tell you what to do but right now, as your father, I want you to tend her." Her father said sternly.

Lisa felt the seriousness on her father's tone. Even if she wasn't told, she will undoubtedly be knocking on Irene's door tonight to check on her- because, that's what love is about right? Even if you got mad and you got hurt, you can't just stop caring for that someone.

"I will." Lisa answered before hanging up.

Lisa knocked on Irene's door. She have a little medicine kit with a cute pink band air on her right hand. The older lady opened the door and she was surprised to see Lisa during midnight in front of her.

"Are you alright?" Irene asked worriedly.

"You can't sleep?" Irene asked again.

"Uhm, I am Lisa Manoban. The heir of Manoban, Inc. and currently the OIC of Madrid Headquarters. I am here to tend you as a subordinate." Lisa said without meeting Irene's eyes.

"I have submitted a resignation-"

"Technically, it's midnight to Korea so- my father might have not seen it yet." Lisa explained.

"Oh, okay. You're right. Point taken." Irene agreed.

Irene led the way to the couch but then she realised something,

"I thought you don't want to see me anymore? And that you doesn't care?" Irene asked carefully.

Lisa sighed heavily.

"I'm here as your subordinate, as a colleague. Now, let's get you treated." Lisa said and opened the medicine kit.

"Okay, if you say so." Irene replied.