Chapter Five - Writing On The Arm

For the past week, Cisco was doing research and tests on what the writing on your guy's arms represent. All that you guys knew was that it came after Barry went to the future and back a second time. Cisco was still helping with "The Iris problem" is what you all called it.

One afternoon, Cisco finally figured it out.
"What is it?" You all asked him when he told you in the cortex.
"Barry created a wacky way for soulmates to find each other. The next time you have a private conversation with your soulmate, the writing disappears. The writing on your arm is the words your soulmate says to you to kick off the conversation." Cisco explained.
"So that's why mine and Iris' disappeared the night we got it." Barry said. Him and Iris rolled up their sleeves to show everyone that it was gone. You were happy for them and congratulated them along with the rest but you were also sad. You were sad because when you were on your date with Julian, your writing stayed on your arm.
"Julian isn't my soulmate." You blurted out. You meant that to be an internal thought but you said it out loud. Everyone looked at you and tried to comfort you because you started crying.
"Y/N. Your going to find him one day. And who knows? What if you can cheat the system and Julian is your soulmate?" Caitlin suggested.
"Maybe a good time to say that theres no escaping this. I'm sorry, Y/N." Cisco said.
"Guys my writing disappeared!" Joe walked in saying. You all looked at him. "Oh, sorry. I'll come back later." He said and started leaving.
"Stay." You and Barry said. Cisco explained how it worked to Joe.
"Wow! Okay then... Cecile Horton is my soulmate." Joe said.
"Cecile Horton from CCPD?" Barry asked.
"Yeah." Joe replied.
"Congratulations Joe!" You all said at different times.
"Why was Y/N crying?" Joe asked.
"Julian isn't my soulmate." You said. "By the way, you should tell Cecile to join the team now that she's your soulmate. She would probably want to know everything and help out."
"Thanks Y/N. I'll do that now." Joe started to leave but then he stoped. He gave you a hug and told you that "The One" was waiting for you out there. Then he left. You all got back to work on "The Iris problem" and other meta stuff.

Later that day, after work, you decided to go visit Julian at CCPD and explain the writing on the arm.
"Screw the writing!" Julian said.
"What? But there's no way of escaping this." You said, confused.
"We can cheat out of this. Y/N, if you don't want to be with me then tell me now and we will end on good terms. If you choose to be with me I'll tell you my plan." Julian said. You weren't very hesitant to say yes, but you did have to think for a second.
"What's the plan?" You asked him.
"This might sound cliche but we can choose our own destiny! We choose our own path and we can make this work." He held your hand and looked into your eyes.
"Not anymore." You looked away from his eyes to your arms. His arm said "I know right".
"We have to try! I love you." You were a little shocked but it didn't take you long to say it back. You kissed him quickly and you had to go back to work.

When you told everyone that you and Julian were going to cheat the system, they were all happy for you.
"I'm very happy for you but good luck with that!" Cisco said to you.
"Thanks Cisco." You laughed.

Suddenly, you all heard a loud noise and you all rushed to the breach room to find someone entering from a portal...