Chapter Fourteen - The Date

A/N: If anything has bold and italic, it's meant for the female readers. Thanks for reading! Please vote and follow! Enjoy!

You were really excited for your first date with H.R, your soulmate. You had nothing to worry about because you knew for sure it would work out in the end, it had to. You were walking to your car when suddenly, you heard a voice.

"Y/N!" They cried out. You turned around and realized it was H.R. "Is seven okay?" He asked, once he reached you and your car.

"Sounds great." You said.

"I'll pick you up." He then left to his own car and drove off.

Once you got home, you were struggling to pick an outfit. This was always the hardest part of a date night for you. You called Iris and she came right away.

"Alright. How about this one?" She picked out a nice shirt with no sleeves and jeans.

"Maybe pile." You said.

"Here." Iris handed you a knee length dress with flowers on it another nice shirt but with nicer pants.

"I've been meaning to get rid of that. I don't like it anymore." You replied.

"What about the one hanging in your closet?" Iris pointed at the only outfit that you hadn't taken out of your big closet in your room.

"That's the outfit I wore on my first date with Julian. It was actually his favorite one of mine." You said, a little sad.

"H.R doesn't know that. Does he?" Iris said.

"No. But that's not the point. The point is that I don't plan on wearing that outfit again because of all the memories." You explained.
"Make new ones. That outfit is so beautiful!" Iris countered.
"It's not that easy... maybe I'll just go with the shirt and jeans." You said; reaching for it.
"No! If you really want to prove your over Julian your going to wear that outfit on your date tonight!" Iris demanded.
"You're right. I'll wear it!" You took the outfit off the hanger and changed into it quickly. You came out of the washroom in the outfit. It was a black jumpsuit that was a mix of fancy, casual and comfortable. There were spaghetti straps and ruffles on the top part. You found nice black heels shoes to go with it.
"You look gorgeous!" Iris complemented you.
"Thank you!" You said. Just in time, you heard the doorbell ring.

You and Iris ran downstairs to answer the door. You were the one who opened it and Iris went into your living room.
"Hey!" You greeted him.
"Wow!" H.R looked you up and down then back at your eyes. "You look beautiful." He smiled.
"Thank you!" You said, blushing immensely. You couldn't hide it.
"Shall we go?" H.R asked. In response, you walked out of the house and closed the door. You then remembered Iris was in there so you opened the door again.
"Iris you might want to leave now!" You shouted from the entrance.
"Right!" Iris shouted back, rushing to the door.
"I was wondering who's car that was! I thought it was Caitlin's." H.R said.
"We have the same brand car just different colour. Mines black and her's is blue." Iris confirmed, leaving your house. "Have fun on your date!" She said, getting in her car and leaving.

You got into the passengers seat of H.R's car and he drove you guys to a bar.
"I've never been here before." You told him.
"Oh really? Well that'll just make tonight more exciting!" H.R said, opening the door for you into the bar. You guys drank and ate burgers and fires. You both drank a little bit, enough to still know what's going on and remember everything the next day.
"Do you know if it's legal here to drink and drive?" H.R asked.
"It's against the law." You replied.
"Oh. Well on my earth, you can't have more then ten shots slash two glasses. And that's still a lot!" H.R explained.
"Not here! Want me to call a taxi?" You offered.
"We should call a friend to pick up the car first."
"Yeah. You call Barry and I'll get a taxi."
After H.R hung up the phone with Barry, he was there in a second with H.R's keys and off driving the car back to his house. A few minutes later, a taxi came and picked you up.

When you and H.R got in the taxi, you chatted for a while. When you got home, he walked you to your door.
"I had a tone of fun tonight, Y/N." H.R said, smiling.
"Me too." You smiled back. "Good night." You said. You then felt yourself go closer to him. Next thing you knew, you kissed him.
"Why'd you do that?" He questioned you, after you broke apart.
"I don't know." You said. He then kissed you again, unexpectedly.
"Why'd you do that?" You repeated his question to him.
"I don't know." He smiled at you. "Good night." H.R then walked back to the taxi and they drove away.

The next day you only went to work for the afternoon because you felt sick. So did H.R, but he took the afternoon off. After work, you called him.
"Hi! Where were you today?" You asked him.
"I was going to ask you the same thing. I went in the morning and left in the afternoon. I felt so sick!" H.R said.
"Same! Except I took the morning off." You said. "I would have liked to see you again."
"Me too. So another question, are we dating now?" You took a minute to think. "Hello? Sorry if I made you panic or..."
"Sorry! You didn't make me panic. But yeah, your my boyfriend." You replied.
"That's nice to hear. Our next date, maybe not a bar."
"Good idea!" You laughed.
"Bye girlfriend/boyfriend/partner." H.R hung up the phone.