Cooking Challenge: Father vs. Children

~~~Before we get into the chapter, I'm thanking all of you for making this story #1 in shokugeki no Soma. I never thought that a story like this, which I have seen quite a bit in the fanfic world, would make it to be #1! Thank you again, and I'll try to keep up with my updates. Life has been busy, so the updates may be slower than normal. Once again, thank you for making this story #1!~~~

It was the next morning, when Hikari woke up to the sound of her father calling her and her brother to the kitchen. They both got up, taking their knives as per request from their father, and went down to the kitchen to find their father preparing the cooking station.

"There you two are." He said, "Have you two been keeping your knives good and sharp?"

"Of course." Soma answered, "Yesterday, to get rid of the sharpening stone, I-"

"Okay, fine." Joichiro cut off his son, "Sorry to throw you both into this without warning, but I wanna see how far the two of you have come along.... or how far you have fallen behind."

Hikari smirked, setting her knife case on the table nearby, "Why not?" She said, "I'd say it's been too long since our last three-way food battle. What do you say, big brother?"

Soma smiled right alongside his sister, "I'm glad this is why you came back home, Dad." 

"Well, I'm glad you both are glad. We gonna do this or what?"

Hikari and Soma pulled off their headbands and pulled out their knives from their cases, grinning at their challenging father.

"We're ready when you are, old man." They said, their father grinning back at the thought of a competition.

They tied on their aprons and prepared for battle.

"All right, as theme for this culinary battle... Hey, gonna need a judge in here. So what do you feel like eating?" Joichiro called out. Ms. Fumio walked into the kitchen chuckling.

"So the love of battles run in the family?" She chuckled, "You three really are cut from the same cloth. I swear."

"Ms. Fumio?" The twins questioned.

"Joichiro asked me last night to judge, so I'm doing it whether you like it or not."

"This sure makes an interesting event, doesn't it?" A voice said from behind Ms. Fumio. Everyone turned towards the voice and saw Isshiki, completely nude except for the white loincloth tied around his waist.

"AAHH!" Ms. Fumio shouted in surprise, "You scared me to death. What are you doing here you strange little boy?!" 

"Well, Ms. Fumio, I was coming back from working in the fields, when I caught wind of a rather interesting challenge."

Ms. Fumio sighed, "Well, unfortunately you can only watch the match. It would take an odd number of judges to---"

"No need to worry, Ms. Fumio." Hikari said, pointing towards the fridge behind her, where a very sleepy Megumi was standing to get something to eat and wake herself up. She noticed everyone staring at her and closed the fridge door while she tiredly smiled at everyone.

"Oh, hey Hikari, Soma. Good morning." She greeted, showing off the dark circles under her eyes.

"Whoa, Megumi, you've got serious bags under your eyes." Soma commented.

"Yeah, I'm really tired but whenever I thought about that training camp, I just couldn't get myself to go back to sleep. You know, I'm surprised that I even made it out alive."

"Well, you're safe now." Hikari said grabbing Megumi by the shoulders, leading her to an open chair and sitting her down, "Why don't you just sit right here and wait for judgment time, okay, sweet thing?"