Food War Challenges

Hikari slowly opened her eyes, her body feeling comfortable in the soft bed she was provided. As she sat up in her bed, Hikari could see the sun setting from the window, bathing the room in a golden glow. She smiled, getting up out of the bed. However, as soon as her feet touched the carpeted floor, Hikari's head felt as if it was being pressed under an immense amount of pressure. She fell to the floor, clutching her head as strange images rushed through her head like a movie on fast-forward.

~~~~

"That's not good enough!" Azami shouted to a small child on the floor.

Young Hikari sat on her hands and knees, covered in a dessert she had made just a little while ago as a surprise for Erina's birthday the next day. Hikari was tasked with making a beautiful cake up to Erina's standards with the best of ingredients. Of course, it would have to go through Azami's critique before it could even be considered for presentation.

Hikari simply sat on the floor, not showing any kind of emotion. No anger. No sadness. No disappointment. Just a blank face with no sense of emotion.

"I apologize for my failure, Master Azami." Hikari said softly before she was slapped hard on the cheek.

"You are to speak strongly and clearly when addressing me, Heaven's Senses!" Azami shouted, "Being soft and quiet like this is a disgrace to the culinary world. I can't show the culinary world a pathetic girl that speaks so quietly and constantly fails at making something as simple as a cake."

Hikari's face twisted from its emotionless expression and morphed into pure anger. She stood up and glared at Azami with all the hatred and anger she felt within her. Azami was surprised to see this side of the little girl, it was something that he enjoyed seeing.

"What kind of monster do you think you are to just hit a child like that for something as useless as getting a recipe wrong!?" Hikari shouted, "You should be ashamed of yourself! All you do is belittle people, hit children and judge the hard work of other chefs who poured their blood, sweat and years into their years of hard work, only to be broken by a cold man like you! You even blackmail the family of a scared little girl just so that she'll stay here and cook for you day and night like some kind of slave! What right do you have to judge anything in this world!? I hope your actions are revealed to the entire world, so that everyone could see what a horrifying monster you truly are! Maybe then Erina can finally have a childhood and a bright future and the Nakiri family name can no longer be stained by your foul, disgusting presence!"

There was silence in the room, all that could be heard was Hikari's heavy panting from her rant towards Azami. After a few minutes of standing motionless, Azami grabbed Hikari and threw her to the ground, leaving behind a bruise on the side of her stomach.

Hikari was about to get up to retaliate to the strike, but her eyes widened when she saw Azami taking off one of his black gloves. She shook in terror, remembering the last time he removed his glove. It sent her into a state of sensory overload for at least a day.

He reached down and roughly grabbed her hand, pulling her up to her feet as she struggled to get away.

"Let me go! Let me go! It hurts! Let me go, please!!" She begged, the sensation of his touch being too much for her bare skin.

"You will listen to me and improve." Azami said, "I have many friends out in the world that could make many others upset, including your family. Since your seem so close to your twin brother, it would be a shame if something were to happen to him, wouldn't it?"

Hikari stopped struggling and gave into the touch, biting her tongue as to not make another sound. She didn't know if what he said about him knowing her family was true, but better safe than sorry.