Untitled Part 50

Well everyone, you have spoken and I have listened. The votes are in and I will be continuing this story until the very end. Then, if I'm up to it, I'll try to do a rewrite of this story to see how a fresh goes along. Thank you all so much for the support and your patience while I've been taking longer to update. So, let's get back to it shall we?

~~~~~

Soma stood in front of the number one seat on the Council of Ten, Eishi Tsukasa. He had offered the young Yukihira sibling to become his right hand in Central, and while the offer was tempting, Soma was more curious as to what his sister was doing or how she was being treated while under Azami's foot. This could be his chance to get her back or at least see her again.

🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

Erina and her assistant, Hisako, were quickly changing out of their chef uniforms and getting back into their school uniforms, but Erina was thinking a lot about Hikari and about how her father was treating the younger Yukihira twin.

"Ms. Erina, I heard that the next straggler hunt is coming up soon. In about three days." Hisako said.

"I see." Erina answered in a slightly dead tone.

"A large number of groups will be disbanded I assume. And Hikar will help in that as well."

"Don't say such things like that, Hisako." Erina said, "Hikari isn't the type of girl to go down so easily. She's probably got a plan to take down my father in her head and is just waiting for the right time to spring it into action. And besides, there's a good chance that some of the groups may win like the Alice won the other day. My father, as well as those in Central, are not as invincible as they appear to be."

Erina looked over at Hisako, noticing that she was quiet, but say her friend smiling at her.

"Uh, what are looking at me like that for?"

"Oh, it's nothing. I just thought that the expression on your face was different than usual. And that you were starting to have a change of heart about things." Hisako answered as they finished getting dressed and walked out of the dressing room.

"Maybe so." Erina said, "Up until now, I've listened to my father without ever holding any doubts about him. I never even considered another possible path, because obeying him seemed perfectly natural to me. But now, I've seen Soma Yukihira and the other members of the Kyokusei dorm stand up against him without even yielding an inch. And even Alice spoke up right in his face and let his anger be known to him. Having seen all that, I.... I started to think more seriously. What I want. What I want to accomplish as a person."

"Wow, Ms. Erina."

"But don't get me wrong, I wasn't inspired by Alice or Soma in particular. I was simply acting out of my own free will."

Hisako looked through the glass of a nearby classroom door, "Soma?"

"I just told you that he didn't have anything to do with my--" Erina stopped her rant when she also spotted Soma in the classroom talking with Eishi Tsukasa.

They quickly ducked down and hide behind the wall, wondering what on earth those two could be doing together in a classroom.

"Am I getting this right? You want me to be part of Central?" Soma asked.

"That's right." Eishi replied.

"You're not very good at making jokes, Chef Tsukasa. Why would I ever do that?"

"I... See...? I knew you would never agree to it." Eishi slumped.

"You don't have to be that depressed about it." Soma almost panicked, "To be perfectly honest I'm pleased as punch that you acknowledge my cooking skills, but I would never let Central get ahold of the Yukihira family style of cooking."